Canadian Blast in Los Angeles: Showcase Opportunity for Export-Ready Canadian Artists!
The Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA) is once again reaching out to Canadian music companies looking to create business opportunities and showcase opportunities, as well as raise their artists' profiles, in Los Angeles.
We're working hard to organize another series of Canadian Blast showcases in Los Angeles over the next few months. We're looking for available export-ready Canadian artists and available business representatives who will be in Los Angeles over the course of the next few months so that we can book various showcases at venues across Los Angeles.
Recently, these showcases have been in venues as diverse as the Official Residence (Consulate General of Canada), Hotel Cafe, and the iconic Capitol Records building.
The showcases will be produced by Joel C. High of Creative Control Entertainment. Joel is a music supervisor and producer who has worked on over 100 film & television projects.
CIMA’s Canadian Blast Showcase series costs $2,000 per showcase artist for CIMA members (non-member price is $2,500). There will be a minimum of two (2) artists per Canadian Blast Showcase (showcase artists can be from different companies).
The following services are included in the Canadian Blast Showcase fee:
- Planning and scheduling
- Venue rental including PA, basic backline and engineer; venue staff
- Invitations (company to provide artwork, with input if required from Creative Control). Invitations will be sent to our database of Music Supervisors and LA-based film/TV executives. In addition, we can target invitations to special categories, such as press, labels, publishers as well as directors, editors, and other filmmakers/decision makers. Companies will be expected to provide input if they have relationships and want to invite particular contacts, etc.
- Coordination of RSVP/ Guest list and collection of extra names/contacts at the door.
- Catering and hospitality (for up to 50 guests) – Company will have input into menu selection; bar will be capped at one alcoholic beverage per guest (overages must be agreed to and covered by showcasing companies).
- Promotion of the showcase – through web and social media
- Networking on site – introductions to key attendees
- Production/hosting on day of event including staffing and photography
- Final report on attendees
Here’s what’s not covered:
- Artist/Company travel (to/from LA) and accommodation
- Local expenses (food, etc.)
- Add-ons such as promotional materials, shipping etc,
- Expenses beyond basic backline (although we can help secure rentals from reliable sources)
If you are interested in participating in a Canadian Blast Showcase in L.A, please complete this form to let us know for which artist(s) and what date(s) you are available: Apply now!
For any further questions about these showcases please contact CIMA's Music Export Manager, Trisha Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org) 416-485-3152 x 222.