MAKE IT BETTER Mental Health benefit
MAKE IT BETTER Mental Health benefit:
The music business can put immense pressure and stress on music professionals that adversely affects health and well-being. In fact, mental health issues impact our industry at double the rate of the general population*. We at CIMA understand the significance of mental health in both our lives and careers, and in response are launching a first-of-its-kind benefit where you can access specialized support as part of your existing membership.
CIMA has partnered with Inkblot, a Canadian provider of digital-first mental health and well-being services, to provide you and your dependents with confidential and personalized counselling support 24/7, 365 days a year.
CIMA members can now enjoy our new "MAKE IT BETTER" Mental Health benefit offered in partnership with Inkblot, alongside a range of other valuable benefits aimed at enhancing and sustaining your health and well-being. This addition is now an integral part of your CIMA membership, and the number of accounts available to you is determined by your membership level. You have the flexibility to allocate these accounts to your staff or roster artists. Moreover, eligible dependents of registrants can also access this benefit at no additional cost.
*Music Industry Research Association Study, 2018
What’s included in your account:
Confidential virtual therapy for you, your staff, roster artists, and their dependents from wherever they are. Inkblot matches you with a qualified therapist wherever you need to talk.
- Individual Counselling for you or your dependents (5 hours/year)
- Couples Counselling (5 hours/year)
Work and Life Support
We know it takes more than just therapy to live and stay well. Inkblot’s registered nurses, dieticians, coaches, and trained experts are there to help you, your staff, roster artists, and their dependents navigate all aspects of life to achieve personal goals.
- Work & Career (5 hours/year)
- Health & Nutrition (5 hours/year)
- Legal & Financial
- Life Transitions (5 hours/year)
1. How do I get started? Contact email@example.com to receive this new membership benefit. Please note that counselling sessions are delivered through Inkblot’s secure and encrypted platform by video or phone. CIMA at no point has access to sensitive information about anyone’s usage of the services, beyond provision of usernames and emails from your company to Inkblot in order to create the necessary account(s). Watch Inkblot's video on how to get started
2. How is a counsellor assigned to me? Access is online with the ability to select from a shortlist of best-matched counsellors based on your unique needs and preferences. If you already see a counsellor accredited with Inkblot, you can request to be matched with them.
3. Who is eligible to use this benefit? This benefit is exclusive to CIMA’s individual members, member companies, their staff, artist rosters and eligible dependents to access to 5 hours of individual counselling and 5 hours of couples counselling per program year. Following your allotted hours, you can continue with the same counsellor, shifting to sessions reimbursable through your benefits health plan or paid privately.
4. Does Inkblot allow access to any other services? This benefit does not stop at mental health counselling. It also includes legal, financial, health, career, and life transitions advisory services.
5. How do I book an appointment? Appointments are booked directly online with your selected counsellor at your convenience.
6. How is my privacy protected? Counselling sessions are delivered through Inkblot’s secure and encrypted platform by video or phone. CIMA at no point has access to sensitive information about anyone’s usage of the services, beyond provision of usernames and emails from your company to Inkblot in order to create the necessary account(s).
To learn more about Inkblot click Here
Click here to join CIMA -