MusicOntario was established in 2012, as a division of the Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA), to be a hub for all participants in the Ontario music industry.
MusicOntario is a member-based, not-for-profit industry association, dedicated to providing education, professional development, and support to our members. Our mission is to nurture, develop and promote the growth and sustainability of the Ontario music industry.
MusicOntario is a services organization, whose activities aim to support our members and the broad industry. Some of the activities & services that MusicOntario offers include:
- Professional development workshops
- Networking activities for members
- Advocacy on behalf of members to provincial and regional governments
- Fundraising and program development
- Promotion and marketing within Ontario, across Canada and internationally
- Ontario music industry research
The membership base of MusicOntario is intended to be broad and inclusive. Our members include, but are not limited to, the following types of individuals and companies:
- Bands, solo artists, DJs, and professional musicians of all types
- Emerging industry professionals & companies
- Producers, studios and engineers
- Managers, record labels, distributors and retailers
- Booking agents, agencies, publicists, promoters, festivals and venues
- Publishers and music supervisors
- Radio stations and bloggers
- Media groups, photographers and designers
- Collectives, trade associations and community groups
MusicOntario membership benefits include:
- Discounted Members rate to workshops
- FREE access to first workshop upon signup
- MusicOntario members newsletter
- Access to networking events
- Listing in member directory
- Featured Member inclusion in our newsletter and website
- Partnership Discount Program
There are multiple levels of membership to MusicOntario. For more information, and to become a member, visit www.music-ontario.ca.
MusicOntario was founded in the spirit of other Canadian provincial and regional music industry associations. For those living in Northern Ontario or in other provinces, click here to learn more about the music industry association in your region.