Call for Applications: Jazzahead 2020 Clubnight
Canada has been invited to be the Partner Country for the next edition of Jazzahead, taking place from April 23-26, 2020 in Bremen, Germany. CIMA and Quebec Jazz have come together to create one large Canada Stand for the next edition to ensure a collective and strong presence that represents the Canadian jazz scene.
Taking place on the last night of Jazzahead Festival and Trade Fair, Clubnight features jazz concerts in all the venues in Bremen. Even though many delegates attend the Clubnight, the event targets the general public; it is not a showcase night. To promote the Canada stand participants, CIMA and CQM will coordinate 45 minutes concerts presented during the Clubnight.
To submit an application:
- The artist or their representative must be registered at the Canadian Jazz stand. Click here to register.
- The artist must have released an album in the last 2 years or a new album release confirmed at the latest 3 months after the event (at the latest July 2020).
- Artists/bands selected for the official showcases « Canadian night » cannot perform during Clubnight.
- Basic equipment will be provided for the shows. We will do our best to accommodate everyone’s needs.
- Transport, accommodation, per diem and artistic fees for musicians are at the expense of the artist/band.
- Selected artists could receive financial support from Musicaction, FACTOR or other provincial programs depending on the admissibility conditions of each program.
Applications received via this form could also be forwarded to Jazzahead who will share them with participating clubs. Please specify your interest in this option.
Deadline for applications: November 27, 2019