Call Out: Canadian Blast In Los Angeles (October 28, 2015)
October 28, 2015 at the Official Residence (Canadian Consulate)
The Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA), through Music Export Canada, is now accepting applications for Canadian artists and companies to participate in a Canadian Blast showcase on October 28, 2015 at the Official Residence (Canadian Consulate).
We're working with the Canadian consulate and other partners on this event, in order to promote Canadian music! A part of our Canadian Blast showcase series, this event will be held at the Official Residence in Los Angeles and is available on a cost-sharing basis.
We're currently looking for 2 artists for showcasing spots. Please note that due to the nature of the event, we're interested in acoustic/unplugged artists. Showcasing artists must have a business representative on site to vet meetings/contacts, and showcasing artists can definitely be from different companies.
The Consulate will be managing and coordinating the invitation list, as this is an exclusive event.
Price: For this opportunity, the Canadian Blast fee is $2,000 per showcase artist. The non-member rate is $2,500. You will also be responsible for travel costs and associated expenses.
The following services are included in the Canadian Blast Showcase fee:
- Planning and scheduling
- Venue rental including PA, basic backline and engineer; venue staff
- Invitations (company to provide artwork, with input if required from Creative Control). Invitations will be sent to our database of Music Supervisors and LA-based film/TV executives. In addition, we can target invitations to special categories, such as press, labels, publishers as well as directors, editors, and other filmmakers/decision makers. Companies will be expected to provide input if they have relationships and want to invite particular contacts, etc. Invitations will be coordinated and sent by the office of the Consul General of Canada in Los Angeles.
- Coordination of RSVP/ Guest list and collection of extra names/contacts at the door.
- Catering and hospitality (for up to 60 guests) – Company will have input into menu selection; bar will be capped at one alcoholic beverage per guest (overages must be agreed to and covered by showcasing companies).
- Promotion of the showcase – through web and social media
- Networking receptions will be held on-site, both prior to showcase to facilitate introductions to key attendees, as well as afterward on the terrace of the Official Residence.
- Possibility of an additional networking function. Details to follow.
- Production/hosting on day of event including staffing and photography
- Final report on attendees
Here’s what’s not covered:
- Artist/Company travel (to/from LA) and accommodation
- Local expenses (food, etc.)
- Add-ons such as promotional materials, shipping etc,
- Expenses beyond basic backline (although we can help secure rentals from reliable sources)
Artists must be ready to travel to the US with the proper P2 visa documentation.