Call For Submissions: Nuit Boreale 2015
For the fourth consecutive year, Canada will be celebrating France's Fete de la Musique in the heart of Paris, on the Esplanade des Invalides on June 21 with its big outdoor concert, Nuit Boreale.
The event is a showcase of Canadian talent that attracts more than 20,000 spectators, and is streamed live online to thousands of additional viewers across the globe. It is part of Fete de la Musique, the largest music event in France. Nuit Boreale, promoted through the Fete de la Musique, provides the selected artists with wide media coverage in France.
Sound Diplomacy will be coordinating the selection of Anglophone artists for Nuit Boreale. They are looking for 2-3 acts to perform between 7pm and 12am on June 21, 2015.
The deadline for submitting an application is January 31, 2015.
- The artist must be Canadian.
- The artist must have released professionally mastered material, in English, in the last 18 months, with certain exceptions.
- The artist must demonstrate some career development in France.
- Ideally, the artist has an album released, or about to be released, in France.
- The artist should provide a file of their media coverage in France.
- Ideally, the artist would be accompanied by their producer or manager for this concert.
- Ideally, Nuit Boreale would be an added concert to a pre-existing European tour schedule.
Nuit Boreale will provide:
- Backline and technical requirements
- Local transportation
- A showcase letter for applicable funding applications
The concert is preceded by a reception at the Canadian Cultural Centre, where a number of French music professionals will be in attendance. Weight will be given to managers and label reps that accompany artists, so that they can be present to meet the French industry professionals.
To submit, please provide in one email (with no attachments):
- SoundCloud link
- Name and contact email/number of industry representative
- Mention of French industry/market development
Please submit your candidacy by email to firstname.lastname@example.org