Apply Now to the CIMA Mission to BIGSOUND 2014
September 10-12, 2014, Brisbane
Music Export Canada presents the CIMA Mission to BIGSOUND
CIMA is organizing its second music trade mission to Australia, with targeted business to business meetings, networking and showcasing opportunities at BIGSOUND, Australia’s most internationally-focused music conference.
Benefits of attending the mission:
- Discounted delegate rate - CIMA participants receive the $350 AU discounted member rate (a savings of over $100 CDN)
- Targeted Networking Reception
- Facilitated Meetings with the Australians & other international delegates
- Marketing Campaign both online and in print via local Market specialist
- Panel participation opportunities for Canadian delegates
- New this year: In-market publicist
- Multiple showcasing opportunities at BIGSOUND (Showcase Package only)
- Potential touring opportunities through BIGSOUND (Showcase Package only)
Pre-Event in Melbourne:
- B2B Networking event in Melbourne prior to BIGSOUND (more details to come)
- Potential showcase opportunity in Melbourne (additional costs may apply)
Criteria for Showcasing at BIGSOUND through the Mission:
- All showcasing artist submission must be reviewed by BIGSOUND.
The deadline to submit an artist to showcase is Friday, June 13, 2014 .
- Canadian Blast showcasing artists must be accompanied by a business rep as all of our export missions are centered on creating business opportunities.
Bigsound Discounted Delegate Badge:
$350 AU discounted rate (this is a savings of over $100 Cdn dollars)
PLUS, choose one of the following:
Artist Showcase & Business Package:
CIMA Member rate: $1200
Non-Member rate: $1600
- or -
Business Only Package (No showcase):
CIMA Member rate: $600
Non-Member rate: $900
(Please note: Invoices for showcase packages will be sent after showcase spots have been offered.)
Travel Related Support for Companies:
CIMA is happy to announce that the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada have approved CIMA’s funding request to support travel-related expenses (airfare, accommodation, per diem, ground travel and registration) for Canadian companies participating in CIMA’s Mission to BIGSOUND. The support is for one representative per company. The amount of support will depend on the total number of participants and cannot exceed 50 percent your travel related costs.
Apply to Showcase and Register Now for the CIMA Mission! - Please note: The showcase application deadline is June 13, 2014, after that date you can only register for the Business only packages.
Following your registration you will receive your discounted link to register directly as a delegate with BIGSOUND.
The Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA) is the national trade association representing the English-language, Canadian-owned sector of the independent music industry. CIMA works proactively to assist the independent sector to expand business opportunities and partnerships in the international marketplace by providing strategic support for Canadian companies at trade missions, key international trade shows and conferences around the world.
About Music Export Canada & Canadian Blast
As a not-for-profit association, CIMA annually executes an industry-wide global economic development and investment strategy, wherein we facilitate targeted business and showcasing opportunities globally, under the Music Export Canada and Canadian Blast export brand.
CIMA gratefully acknowledges the generous support of our Canadian partners and sponsors: Canadian Music Week (CMW), the Foundation Assisting Canadian Talent on Recordings (FACTOR), the Government of Canada (through GOA/DFATD and MEC/Canadian Heritage), Harvard Broadcasting, Ontario Media Development Corporation (OMDC), the Radio Starmaker Fund, and the Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada (SOCAN).