Canada Invades Glasgow - Apply now for CIMA’s Music Mission to Scotland!
CIMA is excited to announce a business and showcasing mission for a small group of Canadian artists and companies to Glasgow, Scotland. Over the past few months we have been working closely with our partners, the Scottish Music Industry Association (SMIA), to put together excellent showcase and business opportunities with the purpose of building relationships between the Scottish and Canadian music industries. The mission is timed perfectly for Glasgow as the city gears up for the XX Commonwealth Games later in July.
July 7-10, 2014
- To encourage business opportunities between the Canadian & Scottish music industries.
- Mission will focus on connections between the Canadian Mission participants and the Scottish labels, managers, promoters, festivals, radio programmers and live community.
- To establish ongoing communication between the Canadian and Scottish for future endeavours.
- A showcase opportunity will be provided for each artist/band participating in the mission – possibility of multiple showcases (this will be dependent on numbers).
- Two separate venues have been secured in Glasgow – located in different areas of the city.
- Showcases will be targeted to contacts in Scotland for Canadian artists/bands looking to build relationships, meet with industry and potentially secure gigs/tours etc.
- Basic Backline is included.
- Participate in programmed networking/B2B events in conjunction with showcases in each of the venues – A great opportunity for information sharing on the Scottish/UK Market.
- The B2B events will provide the connections and ground work for the Scottish industry reps to be engaged during the showcases.
- Profiles on and introductions of our participants to be distributed to the Scottish event participants in advance.
- Targeted invitations to key Scottish music industry, broadcasters and media contacts
- $500 Showcase + Business Package (CIMA Members – Non-Members $700)
- $300 Business Only Package (CIMA Members – Non-Members $500)
Friday May 30, 2014 at 5:00pm.