Congratulations to the 2014 Juno Award Winners!
The 2014 Juno Awards wrapped up last night, and we wanted to extend our congratulations to the winners! Canada's independent music industry was well-represented - with over 33 Canadian independent labels having artists nominated in a number of high profile categories including Breakthrough Artist of the Year and Breakthrough Group of the Year.
Some of CIMA's member companies took home Juno awards this year:
- A Tribe Called Red for Breakthrough Group of the Year (Tribal Spirit/Pirate’s Blend Records)
- Matt Mays for Rock Album of the Year (Sonic Records)
- Christine Jensen Jazz Orchestra for Contemporary Jazz Album of the Year (Justin Time)
- Justin Rutledge for Roots & Traditional Album of the Year:Solo (Outside Music)
- The Strumbellas for Roots & Traditional Album of the Year: Group (Six Shooter Records)
- Downchild for Blues Album of the Year (Linus)
- Robyn Kotyk, Petra Cushieri and Justin Peroff for Recording Package of the Year (Arts & Crafts)
- Ryan Hemsworth for Electronic Album of the Year (Last Gang Records)
For the full list of this year's winners, please click here.