Apply now to CIMA's Mission to Music and Digital Matters 2014
CIMA Mission to Digital & Music Matters 2014
Sign-up now for Digital & Music Matters (May 20-25, Singapore)! Great business and showcase opportunities!!!
CIMA will once again be organizing a Canadian delegation to Digital & Music Matters 2014 in Singapore, along with showcase opportunities for up to five artists/bands. CIMA has participated in this priority event for the past five years, which has delivered success for many of the participating Canadian companies and artists.
CIMA’s B2B activities, our Canadian Blast showcase and the Canadian showcases during the festival and conference have become must-attend events at Digital & Music Matters, and we encourage all members to seriously consider this export opportunity.
The objectives of the CIMA Mission are to assist Canadian music companies currently building relationships in the Australasian market to strengthen those ties, make new contacts and create defined business opportunities for the export of Canadian music products and artists.
CIMA’s Mission will involve:
- Annual VIP International Luncheon where our delegates will be formally presented to VIP pan-Asian industry contacts.
- Multiple opportunities for Canadian artists/bands to perform during the Conference and/or public festival, to get the maximum exposure to international delegates and fans alike.
- Assistance in identifying suitable contacts and facilitating introductions with pan-Asian contacts coordinated by CIMA’s in-market consultant.
- New this year is "Doing Business in Canada" forum.
- Canada, along with 5 other countries will be featured as part of the forum on Friday, May 23, consisting of presentation/panels on varied topics which could include unique market characteristics and strengths, challenges and growth opportunities.
- Each country presentation will be followed by a networking opportunity. It's a great opportunity to meet other countries in a small focus environment.
Mission Fees and Package Options:
- Business + Showcasing Package: The fee is $1600 Cdn (CIMA Member rate, the Non-Member rate $1900) and includes CIMA’s B2B opportunities (VIP pan-Asian luncheon & forum), marketing and promotion and potential showcasing.
All companies interested in showcasing are encouraged to submit their artists/bands to CIMA for consideration on the submission form below. Our Talent Committee will be making final selections on the artists. To be considered, all showcasing acts must be accompanied by a business representative.
- Business Only Package: You do not need to have a showcasing act to participate in the business component of Digital and Music Matters. The fee is $750 Cdn (CIMA Member rate, the Non-Member rate is $1000) and includes CIMA’s B2B opportunities (VIP pan-Asian luncheon & forum), marketing and promotion of your company.
Travel Related Support for Companies:
CIMA is happy to announce that the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada have approved CIMA’s funding request to support travel-related expenses (airfare, accommodation, per diem, ground travel and registration) for Canadian companies participating in CIMA’s Mission to Music & Digital Matters. The support is for one representative per company. The amount of support will depend on the total number of participants and cannot exceed 50 percent your travel related costs.
Preferred Delegate Rates for Mission Participants:
CIMA's rate does not include your registration for Digital and Music Matters.
- 3 day Music + Delegate Pass: CIMA is pleased to offer our Mission delegates a preferred rate of $899 US (regular price $1250 US).
- 5 day VIP Delegate Pass: CIMA Mission participates are entitled to a preferred rate of $950 (regular price $1350).
Please indicate on the application form if you have already registered for Digital and Music Matters.
Please complete this form below if you are interested in attending and/or showcasing an artist.
Canadian Blast is an initiative of CIMA.
We gratefully acknowledge the generous support of our Canadian partners and sponsors: Canadian Music Week (CMW), the Foundation Assisting Canadian Talent on Recordings (FACTOR), the Government of Canada (through GOA/DFATD and MEC/Canadian Heritage), Harvard Broadcasting, Music Managers Forum Canada, Ontario Media Development Corporation (OMDC), the Radio Starmaker Fund, and the Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada (SOCAN).
Music and Digital Matters 2014 features:
- a three-day conference focusing on media, entertainment, social media marketing
- a three-day public music festival (which will be broadcast live on YouTube)
- The 2014 agenda will address the critical issues of:
- Monetising music using social media
- Content creation
- Distribution and monetisation for the new online consumer
- PLUS it is an effective conference to learn more about the Australasia market, and to establish important contacts in this territory
For more information on Digital & Music Matters, go to http://www.allthatmatters.asia