CIMA Launches New Individual Membership for Artists and Industry Workers
The Canadian Independent Music Association Launches New Individual Membership for Artists and Industry Workers.
[Toronto, October 4, 2023] – The Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA) is excited to announce a new individual membership for Artists and Industry Workers—available beginning October 10, 2023. In CIMA’s mission to empower and engage Canada’s music community this unique, low-cost individual membership is designed to build a stronger, healthier foundation for artists and industry workers to succeed.
Teaming up with two industry leading innovators to bring unprecedented career and mental health support, CIMA’s Individual Membership for Artists and Industry Workers includes:
- Immediate access to personal, one on one mental health counseling, no premiums, no application requirements for members and their dependents through Inkblot. Founded on the belief that mental health should be convenient, confidential, and affordable Inkblot is one of Canada's leading digital mental health companies, focusing on offering secure online video counselling for individuals and companies.
- A one-year artists subscription to Chartmetric - the all-in-one platform for artists and music industry professionals, providing comprehensive streaming, social, and audience data for everyone to create successful careers in music.
"We can’t ignore the toll that the rapidly changing global music business can take on those who make music in Canada,” says CIMA’s President and CEO Andrew Cash. “Accessing comprehensive support benefits for artists and industry workers like those we’ve announced today are key to CIMA’s vision of an equitable, dynamic, and diverse arts and culture eco-system, in which Canada’s music community can thrive.”
This is an important initiative in an industry where mental health challenges impact individuals at twice the rate of the general population (Music Industry Research Association Study, 2018). Close to 70% of music industry workers self-report depression and other mental health conditions (Gross and Musgrave, 2016).
The dollar value of these benefits combined is well over $2000.
CIMA’s Individual Membership for ARTISTS and INDUSTRY WORKERS starts at
(less for members of participating Provincial Music Industry Associations)
Additional Key Benefits of CIMA’s Individual Membership for Artists and Industry Workers include:
- Networking Opportunities: CIMA membership provides access to networking events that serve as catalysts for developing industry relationships critical to career and business advancement.
- Professional Development: Members can take advantage of specialized learning events that equip them with the tools necessary to drive their careers to new heights.
- Discounts Amplified: Membership doesn't just open doors; it saves money. Members enjoy not only discounts on CIMA-programmed events but also on a range of partner offers.
The Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA) is the national voice of Canadian owned music companies and the artists they serve. CIMA helps build and sustain equitable and successful global music businesses and careers. through advocacy, professional development, collaboration, networking, and celebration.
For media inquiries, interviews, or additional information, please contact:
Director, Marketing & Partnerships