Applications Open: Canada House at the Americana Music Festival and Conference
Canada House at the Americana Music Festival and Conference
September 13-17, 2022 in Nashville, Tennessee
Deadline: June 10, 2022
The Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA) will be returning for an in person showcase and business mission to Nashville this September! This year we’re excited to announce that we’ll be partnering with Alberta Music, Manitoba Music and SaskMusic to present a full afternoon of Canada House at the Americana Music Festival & Conference.
Held annually, the Americana Music Festival & Conference brings together thousands of legendary artists, the next generation of rising stars and industry professionals for six days of music and education. The 2022 edition will be taking place between September 13-17, 2022.
Presented by CIMA, Alberta Music, Manitoba Music & SaskMusic, the Canada House showcase will take place on Friday, September 16, 2022. This is an excellent opportunity for 6-8 Canadian bands to showcase to festival delegates and attendees.
CIMA will also be partnering with Sounds Australia and the British Underground to organize business events during AmericanaFest. Company representatives for Canada House showcasing artists will be invited to participate in these business events with costs covered by showcasing partners. Companies who are attending AmericanaFest without showcasing acts may also participate at a cost of 150$ (CIMA members) and 300$ (non-CIMA members). Stay tuned for more details coming soon!
Why should you attend the Americana Music Festival & Conference with CIMA?
- Artists will get the opportunity to showcase in front of key tastemakers and industry professionals interested in the American genre.
- CIMA members and mission participants receive the discounted member rate on delegate registration (contact email@example.com for more information)
- Participation in business events (panels, networking lunch, one on one meetings etc)
- Registration includes a Canada House showcase marketing campaign (social media promotion, on site posters/pull-ups etc).
Who is eligible for this opportunity?
- Style of music must fit the Americana music genre.
- Canada House showcasing artists must be accompanied by a business representative as our export missions are centered on creating business opportunities.
- Artists who’ve already been accepted by the Americana Music Association for official shows can apply for another showcasing opportunity at Canada House.
- Artists who did not apply directly to the Festival may also apply.
- All showcasing artist submissions will be reviewed by the showcasing partners external committees and the Americana Music Festival selection team.
Registration Information & Mission Fees:
- Canadian business representatives for Canada House showcasing artists will also get the opportunity to participate in business events presented by CIMA during AmericanaFest. These business event costs will be covered by the showcasing partners.
- Canadian delegates who do not have showcasing artists but wish to participate are also invited to take part in the business events. The cost associated with these business events is $150 for CIMA members and $300 for non-members.
Deadline to submit an application for this opportunity: June 10, 2022