Call for Submissions: Canadian Blast at the Americana Music Festival and Conference 2020
Music Export Canada Presents: Canadian Blast at the Americana Music Festival and Conference
September 15-20, 2020 in Nashville, Tennessee
Deadline: Friday May 1, 2020
IMPORTANT: Please note, in this current time of uncertainty, that this event will only take place on the designated date if government health and safety restrictions due to COVID-19 are lifted. Please note the event may be postponed to a new date once COVID-19 restrictions are removed. CIMA is in constant contact with the conference and will notify applicants and participants of any changes that effect the production of this event or our participation in it with our members and partners.
The Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA) will be returning with our seventh Canadian Blast showcase and business mission to Nashville in September 2020. For some of the key outcomes and successes of our past missions to Americana, click here!
Held annually, the Americana Music Festival & Conference brings together thousands of legendary artists, the next generation of rising stars and industry professionals for six days of music and education. The 21st annual edition will be taking place between September 15-20, 2020 and is expected to feature approximately 500 live performances at over 60 venues in downtown Nashville.
Presented by Music Export Canada, CIMA will be hosting a two-hour Canadian Blast showcase at InDo on Thursday, Sept 17 or Friday, September 18, 2020 (TBC). This is an excellent opportunity for 4-5 Canadian bands to showcase to festival delegates and attendees.
This year Americana will be holding their Buyers Summit, focusing on industry buyers, on Friday, September 18. During this summit, CIMA, alongside Sounds Australia and the British Underground will organize a pitch session and networking lunch for the international and US industry professionals in attendance. More details to come.
Why should you attend the Americana Music Festival & Conference with CIMA?
• Artists will get the opportunity to showcase in front of key tastemakers and industry professionals interested in the American genre.
• CIMA members and mission participants receive the discounted member rate on delegate registration (TBA).
• Participation in business events on Friday, September 18, 2020 (pitch session and networking luncheon)
• Registration includes a Canadian Blast showcase marketing campaign (social media promotion, on site posters at conference, pull-ups etc).
Who is eligible for this opportunity?
• Style of music must fit the Americana music genre.
• Canadian Blast showcasing artists must be accompanied by a business representative as our export missions are centered on creating business opportunities.
• Artists who’ve already been accepted by the Americana Music Association for official shows can apply for another showcasing opportunity with Canadian Blast.
• Artists who did not apply directly to the Festival may also apply.
• All showcasing artist submissions will be reviewed by the CIMA Talent Committee and the Americana Music Festival selection team.
Registration Information & Mission Fees:
• The Artist Showcase & Business Package is priced at a discounted rate of $800 for CIMA members in good standing.Non-members have a rate of $1200.
• For Business delegates who are not showcasing with Canadian Blast, as spots are limited, we do offer you a Biz-Only package for $300 (for members, $600 for non-CIMA members) which includes: invite to the Canadian Blast show and other networking events with international participants, access to discount delegate badge, B2B session etc)
For access to the discounted delegate badge rate, please contact Jenia Schukov (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the promo code
Deadline to submit an application for this opportunity: May 1, 2020