Join The Music Export Canada Business Mission at SXSW 2018
Are you planning to attend SXSW this year, which runs from March 9-18, 2018 in Austin, Texas? If so, you should join Music Export Canada's annual business mission! This year’s mission will mark the 13th year that CIMA will be in attendance for this key showcase and business development opportunity at the most influential and largest music festival & conference in North America and we have a great CIMA group badge rate as part of our business initiative this year!
Our legendary Canadian Blast BBQ at SXSW will be taking place at a new location this year, Swan Dive (outdoor stage), on March 14, 2018. This is the kickoff event for CIMA’s Canadian Blast mission at SXSW, that draws hundreds of VIP international delegates, SXSW delegates and media! Check out some of the outcomes associated with our mission to SXSW in 2017 here.
Whether you have an artist invited to play at SXSW, or you’re planning to attend as a business delegate then you definitely want to be part of the Music Export Canada initiative!
Some of the many benefits of attending are:
- Access to CIMA's discounted group badge rate for SXSW 2018. You must be a CIMA member in good standing to qualify for this benefit (limited time only) and it applies to each badge purchase.
- CIMA's Business Development and B2B sessions – meet the international delegates that are important to your business.
- Country Connections (CIMA in partnership with 6 export offices) round table or speed dating sessions.
- The VIP treatment at the Canadian Blast showcase and BBQ. Attend the invitation only networking and meet up prior to the show.
- The VIP treatment at Canada House at SXSW which runs Thursday-Friday.and much, much, more! Business & Marketing Fees:
The cost to participate in the Music Export Canada Business package:
- $200 (CIMA members in good standing) per member company
- $400 (non-CIMA members – if you wish to join CIMA prior to this event, please contact Sam Rayner, CIMA Membership Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- No fee (if you're representing an artist who has been selected to showcase at Canada House or the Canadian Blast BBQ)
If you have any questions about this export mission, please feel free to get in touch with our Music Export Manager, Trisha Carter, at email@example.com or by phone at 416-485-3152 extension 222.
For information on CIMA's discounted group badge rate at SXSW please contact our Music Export Assistant, Jenia Schukov at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-485-3152 ext 231.