Submissions Now Open for CIMA's Business & Showcase Mission to New Skool Rules 2018
Music Export Canada Presents: Canadian Blast at New Skool Rules
May 18-20, 2018 in Rotterdam, Netherlands
Deadline: February 23, 2018
The Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA) will be returning to New Skool Rules for a Canadian Blast showcase and business mission to Rotterdam in May 2018.
New Skool Rules, a three-day international conference which includes seminars, showcases, B2B events and more will celebrates its sixth edition in 2018. New Skool Rules is the largest international Hip Hop and R&B music conference in the world. The 2017 edition drew over 1000 participants to the music conference and over 4000 visitors to the festival from 27 countries.
Presented by Music Export Canada, CIMA will be hosting two (2) Canadian Blast showcases at BIRD on May 18 (focus on R&B/Urban) and May 20 (focus on Hip-Hop). This is an excellent opportunity for 8-12 Canadian acts to showcase to festival delegates and attendees.
Why should you attend New Skool Rules with CIMA?
- Artists will get the opportunity to showcase in front of key tastemakers and industry professionals interested in the Urban genres.
- CIMA members and mission participants receive the $190 EURO discounted member rate on delegate registration. The regular rate of $275 EURO.
- CIMA will be organizing targeted networking receptions and speed dating sessions.
- Registration includes Canadian Blast showcase promotion, advertising and an e-mail campaign.
Who is eligible for this opportunity?
- Style of music must fit the Hip Hop and/or Urban genre.
- Canadian Blast showcasing artists must be accompanied by a business representative as our export missions are centered on creating business opportunities.
- All showcasing artist submissions will be reviewed by the New Skool Rules selection team.
Registration Information & Mission Fees:
There will be a cost associated with participating in the Showcase and Business mission. CIMA members will receive a preferred rate. More details to follow.
Deadline to submit an application for this opportunity: February 23, 2018