Register Now: CIMA's Trade Mission to Latin America
CIMA will be conducting our first-ever showcase and business mission to target the Latin American market this November and December. The Chile, Argentina, Brazil (CAB) Music Trade Mission Tour is your gateway to the South American Markets in 2017 and beyond!
Over a period of two weeks, music professionals, trade mission executives and select bands will visit three music conferences and trade meetings in Santiago and Valdivia (Chile), Buenos Aires, Argentina and Sao Paulo (Brazil). In 2016, over 120 companies and organizations participated in CAB’s inaugural year.
seeking applications from export-ready Canadian independent companies with
international experience. Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong
potential to conduct business in Latin America (Chile, Argentina and Brazil) by
demonstrating established international recording, touring or publishing
activity. This mission is open to both members and non-members, although spaces
are limited. This opportunity is also open to showcasing artists who must be
approved by the conference/festivals.
The mission includes:
· Participation at up to three music conferences in Chile (Feria Pulsar and Fluvia) and Brazil (SIM SP)
· International professional trade meetings (Buenos Aires, Argentina and Santiago, Chile)
· Meetings with key professionals in the region (labels, publishers, distribution and sales platforms, booking agencies, concert and festival promoters, sync, pr and marketing etc)
· Organized speed meeting sessions, panel discussions/speeches and introductory meetings
· Networking receptions (organized by the Embassies and Consulates involved and other sponsors)
· Showcasing opportunities for artists
· Flight, airport transportation and hotel accommodation set up and negotiated by CAB producers.
· Internal CAB events, dinners, shows, city touring, meeting other CAB “drivers”, communication, personal and business relationships will develop over the two weeks with other international VIP's.
· Travel and per diem subsidies*
The dates and events for this mission are flexible, based on the needs and desires of the participants (ex. some may skip one event at the beginning or at the end or even in the middle, as needed).
Schedule of events:
November 24-26: Santiago, Chile (Feria Pulsar)
November 27-28: Santiago, Chile (Professional meetings and shows)
November 30 – December 1-2: Valdivia, Chile (Fluvial)
December 4-5: Buenos Aires, Argentina (International professional trade meetings, networking parties and shows)
December 6-9: Sao Paulo, Brazil (SIM SP)
How to Apply:
This mission is open to qualifying CIMA member companies as well as qualifying non-member companies. Companies not interested in attending the entire CAB mission can choose specific events and will therefore pay the “Select Events Only” package (this is not a per event fee).
Full CAB Mission - $1295 Biz Only, $1595 with Showcase
Select Events Only - $995 Biz Only, $1295 with Showcase
Full CAB Mission - $1695 Biz Only, $1995 with Showcase
Select Events Only - $1295 Biz Only, $1695 with Showcase.
CIMA is currently looking for 6-8 companies to register for this mission. This opportunity is best suited for businesses that meet the following criteria:
- Businesses looking to enhance their contacts in Latin America in order to develop and/or further existing relationships.
- Businesses who do not currently have Latin American representation.Company representatives in attendance must be able to secure deals on behalf of their roster.
*Assistance: There will be a reimbursement of up to 50% for participant travel-related (economy air, ground transportation) and accommodation/per diem expenses for up to 8 applicants. This is through Global Affairs Canada’s GOA program.
Tips for Reimbursements:
- Keep all travel related receipts (economy fares only.)
- Do not use points on airlines or hotels (save them - you cannot be reimbursed if points are used.) If you choose to stay with a friend (over a hotel or AIRBNB etc) you will not receive support for accommodations.
- Hold onto your boarding passes as proof of travel.K
- eep your registration receipt for the conferences (if applicable)
- Keep all ground travel receipts (cabs & ubers. Include transit to and from airport in Canada.)
If you meet the criteria outlined above, please submit your applications by clicking the link below. Companies will be approved on a first-come, first served basis once they meet the criteria.