Call For Submissions: Canadian Blast BBQ Showcase at SXSW 2013
CIMA’s Canadian Blast at SXSW 2013 marks the eighth year for this showcase/B2B opportunity at the largest, most influential, and important music festival/conference in North America.
CIMA announces a call for submissions for export-ready Canadian artists to perform at the kick-off Canadian Blast event at SXSW 2013: The annual Canadian Blast BBQ/Showcase will take place on Wednesday, March 13th from 1-6:00PM at Brush Square. Last year’s event attracted more than 1,800 SXSW delegates and received significant media attention.
Criteria for submission include:
- Artist must have a business representative in attendance and registered with the Canadian Blast SXSW B2B initiative. (Please note, if selected for this showcase it is mandatory to have a business rep in attendance at SXSW and registered with the Canadian Blast B2B events.)
- Artist must be export-ready*
- Artist representative company must have the resources to be able to follow-through on business opportunities resulting from the showcase (tours, gigs, and releases in international territories, etc.)
- Artist representative company must agree to complete a post-event survey
- Artist representative company must agree to continue to report back in future on successes resulting from this showcase
Please complete the submission form (link below) prior to the end of the day on Wednesday, November 7. The final Canadian Blast line-up is selected by CIMA's Talent Committee.
Successful applicants will be notified by mid-December, 2012.