Register Now for CIMA's Creating Collaboration: LA Synch Mission to Peak TV
Following the success of CIMA's 2015 Pilot Synch Mission to Los Angeles, we will be staging a second mission to connect the Canadian independent music industry to synch opportunities in television and streaming media in the USA.
While pundits debate whether we have reached “Peak TV” a staggering volume of television shows continue to proliferate with budgets rising beyond projections. The game changer: streaming video on demand (SVOD) services. There has never been a better time to be providing services and content to scripted television productions. Here is your chance to get into the game.
This mission will differ in format, affording returning companies the opportunity to gain incremental knowledge and contacts within the Los Angeles industry. The change of date to January (vs May), will focus on non-traditional production cycles and positioning Canadian independent music executives with TV music executives before pilots are created.
Before the mission, participants will receive The Synch Report Dec. 2016 edition - A guide to synch opportunity in US television: a comprehensive guide to over 400 productions currently in development which includes updated names of key studio/cable and SVOD streaming music executives and insights into the music supervision teams with whom they are known to work.
January 23: Introduction session: A dinner lead by our in-market consulting team, with VIP guests providing current insights in music supervision.
January 24: Day Sessions:
- Group One Moderated Panel with 5 Heads of Studio Music and their Music Supervisors – Provides participants with insights into the creative and operational process of synch. Opportunities for extended dialogue, questions, sharing of experiences and creative collaborations
- Two-on-Two Meetings: Two Canadians w/ US pair. 5 meetings of 15 minutes each.
- Networking Luncheon: Includes Participants from both morning and afternoon sessions.
- Group Two Moderated Panel with 5 SVOD Music Executives: Heads of Music at Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, and/or production companies working in this domain) and their Music Supervisors. Provides participants with insights into the creative and operational process of synch in this stream. Opportunities for extended dialogue, questions, sharing of experiences and creative collaborations
- Two-on-Two Meetings: Two Canadians w/ a US pair. 5 meetings of 15 minutes each.
January 25: Day Sessions
- Morning - Working Spotting Sessions in conjunction with Music Supervisor: Insight knowledge into the workings of a spotting session for an episode. Canadian participant may be asked to pitch to a scene (would be notified in advance).
- Afternoon: Field Trip (TBD)
January 25: Evening
- Networking Dinner with curated group of US Music Supervision VIPS (focus on a different group of contacts than day sessions)
FEE: This mission is limited to 10 companies, and each company will be limited to 1 participant. CIMA members have a discounted rate of $995 CDN, while the non-member fee is $1495 CDN.
Mission Requirements & Application:
CIMA will reserve positions for companies in the order in which their completed applications are received. Please note, the applications should demonstrate that the company meets the following priorities:
- This opportunity is best suited to companies representing extensive and diverse catalogues.
- Companies should be seeking to make solid connections with the music supervision teams at major networks and studios.
- Note: Although not required, we encourage participants with overlapping catalogues to both apply ie. Label & publishers, label and managers etc. (each should apply separately but can indicate various relationships on the application form). These pairings would be particularly beneficial for the two-on-two meetings, but again will not be a requirement of participation.
Assistance: There will be a reimbursement of up to 50% for participant travel-related (economy air, ground transportation) and accommodation/per diem expenses for up to 10 applicants. This is through Global Affairs Canada's GOA program.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday, December 2, 2016