Open OMF Funding Applications: Live Music and Music Futures
New deadlines and program details have been announced for two Ontario Music Fund (OMF) streams, Live Music and Music Features #2. Information on registration for related OMDC webinars and information sessions has also been announced:
OMF Live Music (2016-17)
- Intended to increase the number and quality of live music experiences enjoyed at Ontario events, festivals and concerts featuring Canadian artists.
OMF Music Futures #2 (2016-17)
- Intended to stimulate entrepreneurship and provide support for Ontario’s diverse and growing music industry, including live music.
Application Deadline: October 4, 2016 (by 5:00 p.m. EST)
Webinar Session #1 (Registration Required): July 20, 2016
Webinar Session #2 (Registration Required): August 24, 2016
Information Session (Registration Required): September 7, 2016
NOTE: Due to the shift in deadline and activity window for Live Music applicants, the following adjustments to funding thresholds have been approved for the 2016-17 program year only:
- Funding cap for Category A (Live Music Performance and Programming): $300,000
- Cap for Category B (Business Development): $200,000
- Applicants seeking funding for activities beyond a 12-month period within the 2016-17 eligible activity window – particularly those presenting annual festival-based events – are permitted to request up to $500,000 (regardless of category), provided that they register to do so at least 2 weeks prior to the OMDC program deadline
- Previous recipients of OMF funding for the 2016 edition of an annual event are not eligible to apply for additional funding for the same 2016 event.
Music Futures #2 (Domestic Music Promoter/Presenters and Booking Agents)
- Applicants seeking funding for activities that exceed a 12-month period during the 2016-17 eligible activity window are permitted to request up to a maximum of $75,000 (rather than the current cap of $50,000), provided that they register at least to 2 weeks prior to the deadline.
- Applicants who have received OMF funding for the 2016 edition of an annual event are not eligible for additional funding for the same 2016 event.
- Applicants undertaking activities within a 12-month period (or less) are subject to the regular Music Futures cap of $50,000.
Complete guidelines and links to the Online Application Portal (OAP) are posted on the OMDC site.
Applicants are encouraged to submit in advance of the deadline day, and must submit via the OAP.
Interested Music Promoters/Presenters and Booking Agents are strongly encouraged to attend the Information Sessions. Please complete the online registration form by 5:00 p.m. on the day. Unregistered guests will only be accepted if space permits.
Webinar Session #1
- Date: Wednesday July 20, 2016
- Time: 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Webinar Session #2
- Date: Wednesday August 24, 2016
- Time: 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
NOTE: Priority will be given to persons with accessibility challenges, and registrants outside of the GTA. Online information session participants will receive an invitation via email with a link and password to login, and will be able to participate via conference call during the session.
- Date: Wednesday September 7, 2016
- Time: 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- Location: Conference Centre, Main Floor, North Tower, 175 Bloor St E, Toronto
If you are interested in attending an Information Session but require it in French, or have additional accessibility issues to be considered, please send a request to OMF@omdc.on.ca by Thursday, July 28, 2016.
For further information, contact OMF Program Coordinator or the Ontario Music Office at (416) 314-6858.