Accountant - CIMA & MusicOntario
Job Title: Accountant
The Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA) and its division MusicOntario (MO) have an immediate opening for a full-time Accountant. This position will be based at our main office in downtown Toronto.
Reports to: President
- Full-cycle accounting (45%)
- Work with the bookkeeper to maintain the books. Input and review the transactions based on the projects and nature of the expenses.
- Prepare the financial statements and related schedules periodically.
- Liaisons with the external auditors for the annual audit and prepare the related working papers at year-end.
- Update the funding schedule and issue the invoices in time.
- Process the payments by cheque, EFT and wire transfer in time.
- Conduct the forex currency expenses analysis and work with forex trader for setting up forward contract.
- Prepare the bi-weekly payroll and the monthly source deduction remittance.
- File the Non-For-Profit HST/GST return quarterly.
- Administrate the group insurance plan, including opt-in, opt-out, etc.
- Manage the reserve fund investment.
- Funding application & reporting (35%)
- Prepare the budget and financial analysis for funding applications based on the business plan and funding guidelines.
- Prepare the funding allocation according to the agreements and business plan.
- Prepare the variance analysis periodically for the management team and respond ad-hoc analysis
- Prepare the periodic funding report and final cost report based on funders’ requirements
- Collaborate with funder’s auditors for the cost review or funding audit.
- Forecasting and budgeting (20%)
- Study the business plan at the end of every fiscal year and prepare the data set for the budgeting process.
- Set up the budgeting modules in Excel, including revenue sources, projects, cost centers etc.
- Participate in business meetings to collect data about current projects and new initiatives.
- Generate the projected financial statements and present them to the President.
- Conduct the variance analysis periodically and respond ad-hoc analysis.
- CPA or in final year to CPA
- Bookkeeping experience
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Experience with foreign currency transactions
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Works well in a team environment as well as working independently
- Experience with Not-for-Profit an asset
Interested candidates should email a covering letter, three references and a resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Wednesday, February 14th.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. CIMA is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation during the hiring process.