Coordinator, Social Media and Communications - Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc.
LOCATION: North York, ON
TYPE: Full-time, Permanent
SALARY: $45,000 - $55,000
Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc. has an immediate opening for a full-time position as Coordinator, Social Media and Communications.
As the Coordinator, Social and Communications, your experience and ideas will be key in facilitating Sony Music Canada’s online presence across multiple social media properties (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, TikTok and YouTube). In addition to delivering creative ideas to engage with fans online, the Coordinator will be involved in monitoring and analyzing online conversations as well as collaborating with and updating internal groups.
An integral member of the department, you will also provide administrative support for the day to day functions of the Director of National Media Relations and the wider team. The Media Relations team is responsible for developing and implementing national publicity strategies for the domestic and international repertoire of the company.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate outstanding writing skills particularly for a social audience and have the ability to work a project from start to finish within pre-determined deadlines. They will demonstrate qualities of flexibility, motivation, discretion, organization, creativity and the willingness to be a hard-working member of the team. Extremely important to the role is accuracy, numeracy, literacy and a high attention to detail.
Social Media Responsibilities:
- Responsible for posts, replies, and general content for Sony Music Canada’s social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, TikTok and YouTube, as well as any potential new media platforms.
- Collaborate on the creation of a road map to expand Sony Music’s online presence in the social media forum.
- Work closely with internal groups in order to brainstorm, create and execute innovative social media initiatives for specific projects and artists.
- Design visual assets to optimize social media content and campaigns in collaboration with the digital services and marketing teams.
- Budget, launch, and monitor advertising campaigns on SMEC social media platforms.
- Use social media monitoring and analytics tools to provide reporting on online conversations and campaign metrics.
- Stay on the cutting edge of new trends and technologies and research new applications, tools and promotions to engage fans online.
- Post and share real-time content from concerts attended and any relevant media/press/industry events.
Media Relations Responsibilities:
- Provide overall administrative support to the National Media Relations department, including updating shared calendars, answering general enquiries, invoicing, purchasing, and facilitating contract approvals with legal department.
- Establish and maintain database of contacts with our press/media contacts and our primary artist relations supplier companies (transport, major hotels, photographers, catering companies etc.)
- Responsible for managing, hiring interns and supervising completion of work.
- Monitor press clippings service, existing artist key word lists and refine and adjust the terms as needed.
- Oversee the clipping and storage of news articles and the preparing of reports and spreadsheets.
- Manage the digital servicing of new music and videos to media.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Communications or Social Media. The incumbent will have minimum 2 years of relevant job experience in social media or public relations. They will be immersed in the world of social media and on the cutting edge of new trends & technologies and have a solid grasp of the Canadian media landscape. They will possess excellent communication skills and be a highly motivated team player with superior interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of professionalism in dealing with celebrities.
Advanced knowledge Microsoft office suite is required. Basic understanding of HTML, photo editing & digital photography is considered an asset. Experience using web analytics and/or social media monitoring tools is recommended as well as superior research and fact checking skills.
The position requires frequent evening and weekend event management responsibilities. The candidate will demonstrate the ability to balance a varied, full workload and the organizational and situational management skills needed to meet high pressure deadlines and time sensitive crises.
How to send us your information:
Let us know why you would be the perfect candidate for this position – submit your resume and cover letter for consideration here. Only those chosen for interview will be contacted. Thanks for your interest.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00/year
- Social Media Marketing: 2 years (Preferred)