Administrative Leader (Full-Time) - Six Shooter Records
Established in 2000 in Toronto, Six Shooter Records is a full-service music company with a diverse roster that includes artists in the genres of Americana, country, rock, and avant-garde. In addition to being a label and a publisher, the company also provides artist management services. Since its inception, Six Shooter has released over 120 albums. Our artists have been consistently recognized in national award programs, including the JUNO Awards, Polaris Music Prize, SOCAN Awards, Canadian Folk Music Awards, and others.
Ours is a fast-paced, friendly environment with an enterprising culture. We seek an administrative superstar that loves to improve administrative systems, who will be key to connecting our entire team and improving company efficiency. This position will provide administrative support to both the record label, management company, and publishing division. Responsibilities will be as follows:
Administrative – Label & Management Company
- For all releases, take charge of all label related royalty collection registrations. This includes SoundExchange, CONNECT/Re:Sound. Communicate with artists’ teams to make sure they are completing registrations on the artist side as well. Create a master reference document that shows when registrations are completed – report to VP Finance as registrations are completed.
- Mechanicals – complete an internal audit of all current deals and history of mechanicals paid. Identify and correct any issues. Work with Director of Operations and VP Finance to develop, implement, and maintain a system to streamline the mechanical licensing and payment process going forward.
- Diarize all album deal renewal dates, trigger reviews of these deals with label President in a timely manner to initiate renewal or termination processes. Communicate applicable information to VP Finance for album reporting, and VP International Business Development for business affairs purposes.
- Acting as the main point of contact with our IT support company.
- Acting as the main point of contact with our health benefits provider.
- Assisting with accounts payable e.g. paying approved invoices, preparing cheques for approval, overseeing accounts with auto payment (downloading receipts etc).
- Scanning receipts and related filing (physical and digital)
- Completing all bank deposits for the company in a timely manner, including documenting/scanning all applicable related information
- For select management clients, complete occasional bank deposits and communicating/documenting the related information to their bookkeeper.
- Assisting with grant completions for both the label and our management clients as requested. Including but not limited to proofing material and organizing expense documentation.
Administrative – Publishing
- Song catalogue updating and registrations (SOCAN, CMRRA, Sound Exchange)
- Metadata spreadsheet management in collaboration with Director of Operations.
- Updating song database with audio, artwork, lyrics, metadata & tagging (in Disco)
- Retrieving instrumentals/stems, etc.
- Retrieving/uploading videos of synchs into synch database
- Tracking synch requests, synch licenses and invoices
- Expand Employee Handbook to include general company resources – ex: how our internal Dropbox system works, workflow chain of command etc.
- Work with Label Executives to develop new company policies as needed. This includes identifying areas where official policies may be lacking and proposing them.
- Updating and circulating Employee Handbook as changes are made to legislation, or to internal company policies. Making sure changes are clearly communicated to staff and answering any related questions.
- Work with our third-party human resources consultant as needed.
- Coordinate all paperwork for new hires (send employment offers, confidentiality agreements etc), file signed copies. Communicate related financial information to VP Finance
- Develop internal resource – Six Shooter Job Descriptions Handbook. This will involve working with all employees to create a resource for each position that outlines everything they do and the systems used to do it. Transfer individual knowledge into institutional knowledge available to entire company via this resource. Ensure it stays updated.
- Track all employee vacation days and sick days. Be in communication with company President and VP about these as needed.
- Experience contributing to and organizing administrative and/or HR related systems.
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel in particular – experience managing and tracking data ideal), Google Drive, Dropbox, Slack.
- Self-starter who brings a diverse perspective, with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
Nice to haves:
- Education related to business management, the music business or other relevant field.
- Experience in the Canadian music industry, specifically at a rights management organization, publishing company or PRO for 1-2 years
- Experience as an executive assistant or in a film/TV production office
Position: Administrative Leader
Reporting to: VP Finance as well as Director of Licensing
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Salary: This is a mid-level position, salary to be determined commensurate with experience
Application deadline: Monday, November 11, 2019
Start date: Monday, November 25, 2019
Please send a cover letter describing your experience and your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Administrative Leader job application”. No phone calls please.
We invite applications from all qualified candidates, especially from people who identify as racialized, Indigenous, differently abled, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act for applicants invited to an interview.