CEO & Film Commissioner - Manitoba Film & Sound Recording Development Corporation
Manitoba Film & Sound Recording Development Corporation is seeking a permanent CEO & Film Commissioner.
The Manitoba Film & Sound Recording Development Corporation (MFM) is a statutory corporation of government proclaimed under the Manitoba Film and Sound Recording Development Corporation Act funded by the Province of Manitoba through the Department of Sport, Culture and Heritage. MFM supports Manitoba film and music through our objectives, which are to create, stimulate, employ and invest in Manitoba by developing and promoting Manitoba companies, producing and marketing film, television, video and music recording projects as well as to promote Manitoba as a film location for off-shore production companies. MFM is a member of the Association of Film Commissions International.
The CEO & Film Commissioner has responsibility to the Board of Directors for the overall operations and oversight of the corporation, ensuring that policies, systems and processes are consistent with the mission, vision and values of the corporation and in line with the strategic plan of the corporation. It is expected that the CEO & Film Commissioner’s decision-making is grounded in a deep understanding of the film, television and music industries in Manitoba and all relevant governing legislation.
- Significant experience in the entertainment industry with strong emphasis and experience in film and television, music and other related entertainment industry sectors;
- Significant demonstrated senior leadership experience;
- Strategic thinker with excellent communication, written and advocacy skills;
- Knowledge and proficiency of all relevant governing legislation and regulations;
- Working experience of the Manitoba Film & Video Production Tax Credit;
- Extensive experience reviewing and negotiating contracts and agreements for the benefit of the corporation;
- Proven interpersonal and problem solving skills that yield results and a willingness to address challenging situations;
- Strong relationships in the film industry locally, nationally and internationally;
- Ability to communicate in both official languages;
- Ability to travel is essential.
Program Delivery and Administration
- Consulting with community and industry;
- Quantifying the need and developing programs;
- Setting program criteria and guidelines;
- Providing program funds to qualifying recipients in the forms of equity investments, loans and grants;
- Administering and monitoring program projects.
- Providing services as the film commission for the Province of Manitoba;
- Administering the Manitoba Film and Video Production Tax Credit;
- Attending various conferences, industry events, trade shows and festivals as representative for Manitoba’s film and music recording industries locally, nationally and internationally;
- Marketing ventures and projects;
- Coordinating the creation of the Manitoba Film and Television Production Guide;
- Sponsoring of various industry events and programs within the province.
- Promoting and advocating for Manitoba’s film and music recording industries and their interests with third party organizations and bodies.
CEO and general film commission related duties:
- Liaising with government and stakeholders;
- Cultivating a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board of Directors;
- Facilitating collaboration and strengthening communications;
- Leading the organization in achieving its goals;
- Developing and maintaining a high functioning management team;
- Promoting a positive, healthy and safe work environment;
- Supporting the planning function for future development and growth of the corporation.
A competitive compensation and benefits package have been designed to attract qualified candidates.
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to: Matt Erhard at Summit Search Group at email@example.com
Applications should be received by 4:30pm September 17, 2019
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted