Social Media Marketing Intern - Coalition Music
LOCATION: SCARBOROUGH, ON
TITLE: SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING INTERN
Playing a role in the music industry since 1990, we are a full-service management company with clients such as Our Lady Peace, Simple Plan, Justin Nozuka, USS and Scott Helman. From our headquarters in Toronto we offer a top-notch team that works around the clock to ensure our artists get exactly what they need to develop a long-lasting career and create a sustainable brand. Over the years, Coalition has grown to encompass a host of new services, broadening the scope of our impact and involvement in the industry. With these new changes, Coalition Music has created a community that will see to it that the best in Canadian music finds its place on the world stage.
Coalition Music is looking for a team player with a positive attitude to fill an available Social Media Marketing Intern position.
We believe in helping artists and our internship program follows that same philosophy – to help interns. Our program offers interns the tools necessary to bridge textbook learning to real hands-on learning. It is designed to provide a basic overview of what it’s like to work in a non-traditional office setting, as well as give an overview of how the Canadian music industry works.
We are looking for two interns to work two days a week; Tuesday and Wednesday or Thursday and Friday. The hours are 10:00am to 6:00pm, with some flexibility. This is a 4-month position that is offered three times a year. Please contact us to find out about the next available start date.
- Research and archive artist discography, charting history, award nominations and career milestones plus fun facts
- Create monthly calendars and timelines with important dates for marketing department
- Work with marketing department to curate engaging content for socials across all platforms
- Attend marketing and social media department meetings, contribute to brainstorms, content creation
- Assist with office maintenance and answering phones
- Monitor social media for daily trends
- Assist with social checklists and audits on a weekly basis and occasionally launch new profiles
- Put together mood boards and visuals for artwork and photo inspirations
- Schedule content
- Admin duties as needed
High School diploma is required. A college/university diploma or working towards one in Arts, Communications, or Marketing is preferred. Our ideal candidate has a strong interest in marketing and social media, as well as being detail oriented with excellent time management skills. We are looking for someone who is passionate about music and is not afraid to be creative and share their ideas. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is essential.
How to Register:
Submit a Resume and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which position you are interested in (ie. Tuesday-Wednesday or Thursday-Friday). Let us know in the subject line how you heard about this position.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Name: Stephanie Martin
Start Date: Apr 29, 2019
End Date: Aug 30, 2019
Address: 1731 Lawrence Ave E, Scarborough, ON M1R 2X7