Content Creator Intern - Coalition Music
TITLE: CONTENT CREATOR INTERN
Playing a role in the music industry since 1990, we are a full-service management company with clients such as Our Lady Peace, Simple Plan, Justin Nozuka, USS and Scott Helman. From our headquarters in Toronto we offer a top-notch team that works around the clock to ensure our artists get exactly what they need to develop a long-lasting career and create a sustainable brand. Over the years, Coalition has grown to encompass a host of new services, broadening the scope of our impact and involvement in the industry. With these new changes, Coalition Music has created a community that will see to it that the best in Canadian music finds its place on the world stage.
Coalition Music is looking for a team player with a positive attitude to fill an available Content Creator Internship position.
We believe in helping artists and our internship program follows that same philosophy – to help interns. Our program offers interns the tools necessary to bridge textbook learning to real hands-on learning. It is designed to provide a basic overview of what it’s like to work in a non-traditional office setting, as well as give an overview of how the Canadian music industry works.
We are looking for one intern to work two days a week (Monday & Wednesday) beginning immediately. This is a four-month position from the beginning of January 2019 through to the last week of April 2019. The hours are 10:00am to 6:00pm, with some flexibility.
- Coordinate with the marketing and social media departments to create promotional materials for various artist and company campaigns
- Layout completed artwork on printer’s templates and prepare/pre-flight files to printer’s specifications
- Buildout existing artwork to fit various platforms/dimensions
- Currently enrolled in a design-related school curriculum or equivalent experience
- Advanced proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator minimum)
- Understanding of typography, illustration, composition and color theory
- Ability to conceptualize and execute campaigns for multiple mediums include print and digital platforms
- Digital video, animation, and motions graphics experience a plus (Premiere Pro, After Effects)
- Experience in print production, color profiles, print-ready documents
- Experience in presentation design (PowerPoint/Google slides/similar)
- Must be a team player who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Must be comfortable following direction and implementing changes, while balancing strong design and tight deadlines
- Must be proficient in the latest social media platforms
High School diploma is required. A college/university diploma or working towards one in graphic design/content creation is preferred. Our ideal candidate has a strong attention to detail, excellent time management and is a self-starter who is highly organized. Skills and experience working with: Adobe Suite, iMovie, Final Cut and other editing software is required. We are looking for someone who is passionate about music and is not afraid to be creative and share their ideas.
How to Register:
Submit a Resume and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Name: Mariel Gonzalez
Start Date: Jan 14, 2019
End Date: Apr 30, 2019
Address: 1731 Lawrence Ave E, Scarborough, ON M1R 2X7