Content Creator Intern - Coalition Music
TITLE: CONTENT CREATOR INTERN
Coalition Music is looking for a team player with a positive attitude to fill an available Content Creation Intern position. This is a volunteer position, and a travel honorarium is provided.
We believe in helping artists and our internship program follows that same philosophy – to help interns. Our program offers interns the tools necessary to bridge textbook learning to real hands-on learning. It is designed to provide a basic overview of what it’s like to work in a non-traditional office setting, as well as give an overview of how the Canadian music industry works.
We are looking for two interns to work two to three days a week (Mon-Fri) starting January 2021. This is a four-month position and the hours are 10 AM to 6 PM, with some flexibility.
- Coordinate with the marketing and social media departments to create promotional materials for various artist and company campaigns
- Ability to create and prepare artwork according to layout dimensions and template specifications for printing and online platforms
- Capture and edit content as needed
- Admin duties as duties needed (answering phones, greeting guests, etc.)
- Currently enrolled in or recently completed a design-related school curriculum or equivalent experience
- Advanced proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator at minimum)
- Understanding of typography, illustration, composition and color theory
- Ability to conceptualize and execute campaigns for multiple mediums include print and digital platforms
- Digital video, animation, and motions graphics experience a plus (Premiere Pro, After Effects)
- Experience in print production, color profiles, print-ready documents
- Experience in presentation design (PowerPoint/Google slides/similar)
- Must be a team player who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Must be comfortable following direction and implementing changes, while balancing strong design and tight deadlines
- Must be proficient in the latest social media platforms
High School diploma is required. A college/university degree or working towards one in graphic design/content creation is preferred. Our ideal candidate has a strong interest in design and artistic sensibility, excellent time management and is a self-starter who is highly organized. We are looking for someone who is passionate about music and is not afraid to be creative and share their ideas.
How to apply:
Submit a resume, cover letter and a link to examples of your work to email@example.com and name the 2-3 days you are available for this internship.
Please apply for this position by e-mail. Following up by telephone is discouraged. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.