A&R - Monstercat
LOCATION: VANCOUVER, BC
Monstercat, Canada’s largest independent electronic music label, is looking for a driven and passionate A&R who has their ear on the pulse of the latest music trends and consumer behaviours and who is hungry to contribute to positioning Monstercat at the forefront of the electronic music industry.
Reporting to the Director of A&R and the Head of Artist Development, A&R manages new releases from early demo to distribution, ensuring all releases are in line with the creative direction and release schedule, as well as delivered on deadline and in budget. A&R is also responsible for executing outbound strategies to support the growth of Monstercat's music bank and develop the artist roster. By focusing on developing strong relationships with artists, vocalists, managers, and producers, A&R creates a positive and professional label relations experience and maximizes marketing and product capabilities.
- Procure music through outbound talent scouting, aligned with music strategy.
- Manage the briefing process.
- Ensure an efficient and effective release process by liaising with the appropriate internal and external stakeholders to procure music feedback and selection, signed contracts, final master, artworks, animations and marketing assets as well as to conceptualize and execute on marketing and PR activities, ensuring all prerequisites are complete and the release is ready for distribution.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with all creative stakeholders.
- Manage the Community Demo process, liaising with the artists that demonstrate potential for the label. Present findings to the Director of A&R.
- Work with the Director of A&R to manage the Vocal Demo process.
- A passion for and a solid knowledge of current and future trends in music, music business, and relevant culture trends.
- Exceptional written & verbal communicator and people skills.
- The ability to be organized, manage your time effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Some experience or formal training in music business.
- The freedom and flexibility to travel as required.
- The ability, drive, and people skills to develop a network within all levels of developing music ie: Managers, Lawyers, Publishers, Booking Agents, Songwriters, Vocalists, Producers, & Publicists.
Why join Monstercat? We offer the opportunity to…
- Work with smart, driven, and inspiring people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity and bi-annual company performance bonuses
- Work a flexible work week in our creative Railtown Vancouver office with freshly ground coffee, a fully stocked kitchen, and regular company events and other perks
- Utilize a comprehensive health and dental benefits package
Monstercat is Canada’s largest independent electronic music label. From the heart of downtown Vancouver, we’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels. We connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artist with fans worldwide, all the while partnering music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we’ve successfully forged into the realms events, apparel, and gaming with signature style. Monstercat - it’s where team members become friends, and friends become family.
How to Apply…
We expect a high number of applications for this role, and as much as we would love to speak to all applicants, that will not be possible. So, please do your best to stand out from the crowd, write a killer resume, and tell us in your cover letter how your skills and experience are a perfect match for this role.
On our website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter telling us how your experience, skills, and passions are a perfect match for this role.