Community Manager - Hipster Bait
LOCATION: VICTORIA, BC
Do you give a shit about the state of mainstream rock music? Do you wonder where the Iggy Pop and Johnny Rotten of this decade are? Let me tell you, they exist. Dangerous rock isn’t dead. It’s simply not living on Spotify. Hipster Bait has been created to find these badass artists and present them to the public through our interactive, gamified music discovery platform. And you could be sitting in the driver’s seat of our rock and roll nightmare machine...
As the Community Manager for Hipster Bait, you’ll be responsible for managing our social media accounts and onboarding new artists into the game. This will include posting daily to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Some of these posts will involve announcing bands as they’re revealed into the game. Sometimes you’ll simply be sharing cool rock related news—which also means you get paid to learn about what cutting edge, rocktacular things are happening in the music industry. The dirt as they say. You could also be responsible for launching and hosting a killer podcast to spotlight new bands and raise awareness for Hipster Bait (if that’s cool with you)
You’ll be given the digital keys to the Hipster Bait dashboard where you’ll help artists set up their band profiles as they are added into the game. You’ll also serve as their first line of contact to troubleshoot any issues and provide additional onboarding support where necessary.
For all of our local app tests and events, you will be the main support for logistics and communications
with partners, guests and the Hipster Bait team. This position is based out of Victoria, BC.
Primary Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years experience managing social on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Able to post on social media with the confidence and attitude of Nikki Sixx
- Can handle multiple tasks at once while playing drums and doing a keg stand
- Tech savvy—quick to learn and confident in new software applications
- Still understand how to use phones for phone calls (without anxiety)
- Podcast experience is a bonus
- A love of all things rock and roll
- Is a Canadian citizen living in British Columbia
- 20 - 30 hours per week—you make your schedule.
- You’ll have a desk at Hipster Bait HQ equipped with computer, internet, etc.. But you don’t have to sit there. Office access is 24 hours
- You’ll be expected to attend regular(ish) weekly meetings with the Hipster Bait team
- Position is located in Victoria, BC
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be in the band, send us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If we agree we’ll call you in for an audition.