When you join CIMA youre joining an organization that is dedicated to helping you sell, promote and market your artists and their music. We have two ways we go about it.
First and foremost we advocate — on your behalf — for a stronger domestic market for independent music in Canada a strong reason to join our national organization. We work directly with the federal and provincial governments, regulatory bodies and industry partners to fight on the independent music sectors behalf, to ensure you have the support and the right environment in which to conduct business.
Secondly, we create domestic and international business development opportunities for you.
When youre ready join, click here to become a member.
Join CIMA and take on the world
Under the banner of our export brand Canadian Blast youll have the opportunity to take your independent artists to Cannes, Austin, London, Singapore, Hamburg, New York and Los Angeles not to mention Reykjavik, Barcelona, and Thessaloniki and thats just the past 12 months!
- Canada Stand: is your home base for the top international trade shows with marketing and promotional support and networking opportunities to help you close those deals
- Canadian Blast Showcases: are the ideal way to introduce your artists to the international market at trade show and festivals across the globe
- Canadian Blast Trade Missions: are CIMA-led business junkets that break new ground for Canadian independent artists and their business representatives.
- CanadianBlast.com: is the global hub for all activities under the Canadian Blast umbrella. An online event promotional tool that magnifies the impact of the Canada Stand, Canadian Blast Showcases and Trade Missions.
Build a stronger independent music industry
When you join CIMA, youre adding your voice to the chorus.
By being a member, participating on committees, serving on the board of directors, and responding to our surveys and polls youre helping to strengthen the Canadian independent music sector.
We engage in meetings with government, conduct research, advocate strong music policy, appear at regulatory hearings, and meet with ministers.
The outcome of these efforts are twofold:
- Government policies that recognize the needs of the independent sector in Canadian cultural industries through copyright protection and broadcaster regulations.
- Funding programs that are relevant to the current needs of the independent music sector like CIMAs Canadian Blast international marketing programs.
CIMA member benefits program
As a CIMA member, youll be able to save money on marketing, promotion, production, travel and tour expenses, and professional development. CIMA members receive favourable rates on all of our export events through our Canadian Blast initiative.
Through the our Membership Affinity Program, CIMA & WIN are offering Music Ally’s full subscription business information service free of charge.
The Music Ally service includes:
- a daily email news bulletin
- regular PDF Reports including the Sandbox digital marketing reports
- discounts to all Music Ally events such as:
- Sandbox Summit and NY:LON Connect 2018
And coming soon there will be:
- access to a database of the best digital campaigns
To access the free one year service please contact CIMA's Membership Coordinator Sam Rayner
Canadian Music Week CIMA members receive a 30% discount on a CMW Digital Music & Media Summit pass your VIP Pass to Canadian Music Week. www.cmw.net
Merlin CIMA members are able to access a discounted administrative fee of 2.5% relating to commercial deals. The standard administrative fee is 3.25%, so this comes out to a discount of 30%. Commercial deals are the deals that Merlin does on behalf of its members with digital services like Spotify, Rdio, Deezer, YouTube, etc. www.merlinnetwork.org
Digital Disc Experts provides full service media manufacturing in the US, Canada, and Europe. CIMA Members receive a 5% discount on all CD & DVD manufacturing services. www.digitaldiscexperts.com
VIA Rail CIMA is pleased have VIA Rail Canada as a travel partner. VIA Rails Artists on board Program helps promote Canadian music and offers discounts on rail travel. email@example.com
Harris Institute CIMA members are eligible for a 25% discount on tuition fees for the comprehensive Professional Development Program (supported by OMDC). www.harrisinstitute.com
Nielsen provides charts and insights for both music broadcast and sales to help members stay on top of sales and airplay activity. CIMA members can receive report packages for as low as $65/month. www.nielsen.com
eEK Productions CIMA members receive a 10% discount off street team services, with the discount rising to 15% if over $5,000 is purchased.
UK Work Permits CIMA is now able to issue UK entry clearance, Tier 5 Sponsorship Permits. The 90-day permits are issued in the UK and delivered by email, for a cost of 150 GBP. firstname.lastname@example.org
FX Rentals (UK) has a huge selection of audio equipment available for hire 24 hours a day, seven days a week. CIMA members receive a 50% discount on equipment rental. www.fxgroup.net
Tanner Financial Services: CIMA members are eligible for a discount on group benefits from Tanner Financial services. www.tannerfinancial.ca/cima-members
Blurb Blurb is a creative self-publishing platform that makes it easy for you to create any kind of book or magazine in both print and digital formats to share or to sell. Looking to publish a music memoir, tour highlights, or song favourites? CIMA members receive a 25% discount. http://www.blurb.ca/
M for Montreal / Mundial Montreal: CIMA members are eligible for a discount delegate badges for both M for Montreal and Mundial Montreal.
Microforum: Through the CIMA Membership Affinity Program, Microforum offers priority service, and exclusive pricing to CIMA members. email email@example.com for further details.
You belong with the bestOur members are the backbone of the music business in Canada from established veterans to the newest, multi-faceted digital content entrepreneurs.They share a common goal: a vibrant and sustainable independent music industry.When you join CIMA youll be networking with other members and industry affiliates through various professional development seminars and workshops as well as invites to summer networking BBQs.Youll receive a copy of our weekly e-newsletter.And youll be able to participate in professional development seminars/workshops. Last year saw a focus on international markets:
- From Reykjavik To Sophia, Tampere To Barcelona, No Festival Is Left Uncovered By Canadian Blast explains and uncovers opportunities in Europe and how to develop your band, your brand and your catalogue
- A Road Map To Success In The French Music Market explores the intricacies of the France, the worlds fifth largest music market from independent labels to large distributers, forms and taxation to festivals and funding.
- Success in Japan the second largest music market in the world is a complex maze of unique business practices. This international seminar examines how Canadian artists have successfully navigated this maze.
- Seminar on Germany Germany now ranks as the largest music market in Europe, with strong physical sales and a burgeoning national identity. This seminar will help you gain a better understanding of this key market.
To learn more about CIMA and how it can help you build your career check out:
- What we do and how we do it
- Canadas Independent Music Industry
- Issues affecting the Independent Music Industry
Ready to join? Click here to become a member.