When you join CIMA you're joining an organization that is dedicated to helping you sell, promote and market your artists and their music. We have two ways we go about it.
First and foremost we advocate — on your behalf — for a stronger domestic market for independent music in Canada a great reason to join our national organization. We work directly with federal and provincial governments, regulatory bodies and industry partners to fight on the independent music sectors behalf, to ensure you have the support and the right environment in which to conduct business.
Secondly, we create domestic and international business development opportunities for you.
When you're ready join, click here to become a member.
Join CIMA and take on the world
Under the banner of our export brand Music Export Canada you'll have the opportunity to take your independent artists to the United States, Australia, Germany, the UK, Japan, Mexico and so much more!
- Canada Stand: is your home base for the top international trade shows with marketing and promotional support and networking opportunities to help you close those deals
- Canadian Blast Showcases: are the ideal way to introduce your artists to the international market at trade show and festivals across the globe
- Music Export Canada Trade Missions: are CIMA-led business missions that break new ground for Canadian independent artists and their business representatives.
Build a stronger independent music industry
When you join CIMA, youre adding your voice to the chorus.
By being a member, participating on committees, serving on the board of directors, and responding to our surveys and polls youre helping to strengthen the Canadian independent music sector.
We engage in meetings with government, conduct research, advocate strong music policy, appear at regulatory hearings, and meet with ministers.
The outcome of these efforts are twofold:
- Government policies that recognize the needs of the independent sector in Canadian cultural industries through copyright protection and broadcaster regulations.
- Funding programs that are relevant to the current needs of the independent music sector like CIMAs Canadian Blast international marketing programs.
CIMA member benefits program
As a CIMA member, you'll be able to save money on marketing, promotion, production, travel and tour expenses, and professional development. CIMA members receive favourable rates on all of our export events through our Canadian Blast initiative
CIMA is offering members $300 worth of credits to upload your content to !earshot
WARM (World Airplay Radio Monitor) have entered into a partnership to provide an exclusive 10% discount to CIMA members.
Through our Membership Affinity Program, CIMA & WIN are offering Music Ally’s full subscription business information service free of charge.
The Music Ally service includes:
- a daily email news bulletin
- regular PDF Reports including the Sandbox digital marketing reports
- discounts to all Music Ally events such as:
- Sandbox Summit and NY:LON Connect 2018
And coming soon there will be:
- access to a database of the best digital campaigns
To access the free one year service please contact CIMA's Membership Coordinator Sam Rayner
Canadian Music Week CIMA members receive a 30% discount on a CMW Digital Music & Media Summit pass your VIP Pass to Canadian Music Week. www.cmw.net
Merlin CIMA members are able to access a discounted administrative fee of 1.5% relating to commercial deals. The standard administrative fee is 3%, so this comes out to a discount of 50%. Commercial deals are the deals that Merlin does on behalf of its members with digital services like Spotify, Rdio, Deezer, YouTube, etc. www.merlinnetwork.org
Nielsen Music’s industry-leading fan data and insights to inform your strategy, and make smarter, more informed decisions to grow your business. CIMA members gain access to an exclusive 20% discount on Nielsen solutions and services. Contact Sam Rayner