Episode 1: Systemic & Systematic Racism: A Discussion on anti-Black Racism in the Entertainment Industry
EPISODE 1: (August 4th 1:00pm)
Systemic & Systematic Racism: A Discussion on anti-Black Racism in the Entertainment Industry
Date: August 4, 2020
Time: 1:00PM (EDT)
Sign up for Aug 4 Session: BDRB.eventbrite.ca
Sign up for 10-part series here: BDRB.eventbrite.ca
CIMA, The Canadian Independent Music Association is facilitating a series of roundtable discussions on anti-Black racism in the Canadian music entertainment industry. The series is presented in association with supporting partner ADVANCE, Canada’s new Black Music Business Collective which is working to develop an infrastructure for the betterment, upliftment and retention of Black people in the music business. CIMA has invited peer and partner organizations from across the national industry to support the initiative.
Breaking Down Racial Barriers will take place in 10 zoom roundtable discussions, each Tuesday at 1pm beginning August 4th 2020.
Episode 1: Systemic & Systematic Racism: A Discussion on anti-Black Racism in the Entertainment Industry will take place on Tuesday, August 4 at 1:00PM. You can register for the August 4 session by clicking here or register for all 10 sessions here.
- Dalton Higgins (Publicist, Author/Journalist + Festival Programmer)
- Tonye Aganaba (Musician, Interdisciplinary Artist + Facilitator)
- Ian Kamau (Artist, Writer + Designer)
- Melissa Vincent (Writer + Polaris Music Prize Jury Foreperson)
- Kevin Amougou (Manager, A&R, Publisher - Next One TO Enjoy Ltd.)
- Daniella Etienne (Project Director - Remix Project Board Director)
- David 'Click' Cox (CLK Creative Works)
- Ian Andre Espinet (Entrepreneur - Iconic Arts + Entertainment)