CIMA's Fifth Annual Celebration & Awards Gala (2019)
CIMA is proud to announce the recipients and nominees for the fifth annual CIMA Celebration & Awards Gala! This year's honourees will be recognized for their incredible contributions to independent music during the gala on June 10, 2019 at Lithuanian House Banquet Halls in Toronto, ON. The event will be hosted by CBC Music radio personality, Angeline Tetteh-Wayoe.
"We are honoured to once again celebrate those who create, support and strengthen Canadian independent music," said Stuart Johnston, President, CIMA. "We are pleased to recognize this year's honourees for their outstanding contributions to the Canadian music industry."
2019 Award Honourees:
- Builder Award: Kim Cooke, Pheromone Recordings & Revolution Recording Studio - Presented by Slaight Music
- Brian Chater Industry Award: Allison Outhit, Six Shooter Records (formerly FACTOR)
- Entrepreneur Award: Shauna de Cartier, Six Shooter Records - Presented by Gowling WLG
- Unsung Hero Award: Yvonne Matsell, Concert Booker & Co-Founder of NXNE
2019 Marketing Award Nominees: Presented by Select Distribution
- Last Gang Records for Harrison’s Apricity
- Arts & Crafts for Dan Mangan’s More or Less
- Endemic Marketing for Good Lovelies’ Shapeshifters
The Marketing Award honouree will be announced at the 2019 CIMA Celebration & Awards Gala on June 10.
Special guest performances by:
- Joel Plaskett
- Kevin Drew & Brendan Canning (of Broken Social Scene)
- Moscow Apartment
- The Sorority
CIMA’s Celebration and Awards Gala would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors:
Award Sponsors: Gowling WLG, Select Distribution and Slaight Music
Artist Sponsors: CBC Music, Re:Sound and SiriusXM
Patron Sponsors: Cassels Brock, CMRRA, Global Public Affairs, Long & McQuade, LyricFind, SOCAN and Spotify
For more information about the Gala, please contact our Program & Marketing Coordinator, Sarah Ferries.