CIMA's Fourth Annual Celebration & Awards Gala (2018)
CIMA is proud to announce the recipients of and nominees for the fourth annual CIMA Celebration & Awards Gala! This year's honourees will be recognized for their incredible contributions to independent music during the gala on June 11, 2018, at the Phoenix Concert Theatre in Toronto. The event will be hosted by Grand Analog frontman, DJ, actor and CBC After Dark radio personality, Odario Williams. Special guest performers for the 2018 CIMA Celebration & Awards Gala will be announced in the coming weeks.
"We are honoured to once again celebrate those who create, support and strengthen Canadian independent music," said Stuart Johnston, President, CIMA. "We are pleased to recognize this year's honourees for their outstanding contributions to the Canadian music industry."
2018 Award Honourees:
- Builder Award: Jim West, Justin Time Records (Montreal) - Presented by Bell Media
- Brian Chater Industry Award: Sandy Pandya, Pandyamonium (Toronto) – Presented by Merlin
- Entrepreneur Award: Chris Taylor, Entertainment One (Toronto) - Presented by Gowling WLG
- Unsung Hero Award: Dave Bookman, Indie88 (Toronto) - Presented by Slaight Music
2018 Marketing Award Nominees: Presented by Select Distribution
- Arts & Crafts for Broken Social Scene’s Hug of Thunder
- Cadence Music for Headstone’s Little Army
- Six Shooter Records for Whitehorse’s Panther in the Dollhouse
The Marketing Award honouree will be announced at the 2018 CIMA Celebration & Awards Gala on June 11.
Join us in celebrating the great achievements of this year's award recipients - the first block of tickets are on sale NOW!
CIMA’s Celebration and Awards Gala would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors:
Ontario Media Development Corp. (OMDC)
Award Sponsors: Bell Media, GOWLING WLG, Merlin, Select Distribution and Slaight Music.
Playlist Partner: Apple Music
Reception Sponsor: Merlin
Artist Sponsors: CONNECT Music Licensing and SiriusXM
Patron Sponsors: ACTRA RACS, CMRRA, LYRICFIND, Re:Sound, SOCAN, Cassels Brock and Spotify.