Folk Alliance International 2023
CIMA & MusicOntario at Folk Alliance International 2023
February 1-5, 2023
Westin City at Crown Center (Kansas City, MO)
Apply Now: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KJ9GCXJ
MusicOntario is pleased to be returning to Kansas City this February 1-5, 2023 to host their seventh annual private showcase suite at Folk Alliance International 2023, the world’s largest gathering of the folk music industry and community (crossing a diverse array of genres including Blues, Bluegrass, Roots, Celtic, Cajun, Appalachian, Traditional, World, and Singer-Songwriter), boasting a comprehensive conference, custom business opportunities and hundreds of showcasing opportunities.
- You must be an Ontario-based artist to be eligible.
- MusicOntario members in good standing receive a stipend for their performance.
- Showcases are brief – 20 minutes each, with 10 minutes to change over.
- Showcases take place in suites in the host hotel, so you must have an acoustic configuration, with only light percussion/amplification permitted.
- MusicOntario will provide a sound technician for performers to use.
- In order to perform, you must be registered with the Folk Alliance International conference – head to https://folkconference.org/register for rates
- We suggest you start exploring funding/grant opportunities ASAP if you hope to offset costs related to attending a business and showcase conference like Folk Alliance.
- A non-refundable administrative fee of $10.00 per submission is applicable if you are not a current member in good standing of MusicOntario, CIMA, or Folk Music Ontario. Members are invited to apply for free.
- You must be a CIMA member in good standing based in Ontario representing an Ontario based or non-Ontario based artist OR a CIMA member in good standing based outside of Ontario who represents an Ontario artist.
All applications will be reviewed by our independent Talent Committee. We appreciate all submissions, however, for administrative purposes, only successful applicants will be contacted.