CIMA Business Mission to New York City November 2016
What to expect
The Big Apple is a major music market, but a really tough one to bite into and the best way to do it is to keep going back! So why not get a little help from the Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA)?
For the second time this year, CIMA will be organizing a private business mission in New York City that will run from November 7-10, 2016. This mission will be produced in partnership with a New York based consulting firm.
This mission will provide participating companies with the opportunity to undertake an extensive, valuable and structured foray into the New York music market.
How to register
This mission is open to qualifying CIMA member companies as well as qualifying non-member companies. CIMA members in good standing benefit from a discounted rate of $850 CDN, while the mission cost for non-members is $1250 CDN.
CIMA is currently looking for 10-12 companies to register for this mission. This opportunity is best suited for businesses that meet the following criteria:
- Businesses looking to enhance their contacts in New York City in order to develop and/or further existing relationships.
- Businesses who do not currently have US representation.
- Company representatives in attendance must be able to secure deals on behalf of their roster.
If you meet the criteria outlined above, please submit your applications before Friday, October 7, 2016.
CIMA will reserve positions for companies in the order in which their completed applications are received and approved.
The mission includes:
- A welcome reception for delegates and select NYC contacts.
- A private industry-only reception.
- Three (3) music industry-focused networking breakfast and roundtable sessions, targeting various music industry related themes with New York City panelists (Themes to be determined based on needs of participants).
- Three (3) “Tech Day” visits including workshop sessions at select companies.
- Pre-arranged one-on-one meetings set up by consultants for Canadian delegates.
- A “Welcome to NYC” presentation.
- A “Guide to NYC” package for all CIMA delegates and attendees, in addition to personalized, detailed itineraries.
- Informal nighttime events, networking activities, and mixers where participants can forge new relationships and cement existing ones as well as one targeted industry only reception.
- A negotiated group rate at a hotel in NY.
- Funding via reimbursement of up to 50% of travel-related (economy air, ground transportation) and accommodation/per diem expenses for up to 12 applicants.
Mission to NYC 2016-2 news
CIMA contact info
CIMA Music Export Manager, Trisha Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 #1 Meeting in Manhattan NYC Event Synopsis (opens a PDF)