Call for Submissions: Canada House at SXSW 2024
Deadline: Friday, October 27, 2023
CIMA is excited to announce that submissions are now open for Canada House at SXSW 2024! We will once again be in attendance for this key showcase & business development opportunity at the most influential and largest music festival & conference in North America.
Founded in 1987, SXSW allows for unmatched networking opportunities, conference programming, and over 100 stages of music for showcasing bands & conference attendees. Learn more about SXSW by clicking here.
Canada House will once again take over Swan Dive (615 Red River Street) and transform the venue into all things Canadian for two full days of showcases & business events.
Interested in showcasing? Here’s our criteria:
- Showcasing artist must be export-ready.
- Artists must have a business representative in attendance and they must register as a SXSW delegate as well as participate in CIMA’s B2B initiatives, free for selected band representatives (this includes speed-dating and networking events).
- Make sure you have applied directly to the festival itself to maximize your chances of being selected to showcase both by SXSW and CIMA. Only SXSW accepted acts will be eligible to be on the Canada House showcase. The deadline for these submissions is October 27, 2023. You can apply by clicking here.
- Canada House acts will be reviewed by our showcasing partners and SXSW for final approval.
- Artist representative companies must agree to report back on successes resulting from this showcasing & business mission through a post-event survey sent by CIMA.
Fees: If you are applying for showcases, you will not be charged. If you are accepted the presenter of the showcase will be charged (ie. A provincial host partner of CIMA's). Please note that each artist must have a business representative. Companies interested in participating in just the business portion of this mission (no showcasing artist) will be invoiced once this application is complete.
How to Apply:
1. Fill out CIMA’s Canada House application form here.
2. Complete SXSW’s artist application form here.
3. Contact your local provincial music association to discuss your export plan for the US market (ex. Alberta Music, Manitoba Music, Music BC, MusicOntario, Music New Brunswick, Music Nova Scotia, Music PEI, Music Yukon, SaskMusic, SODEC etc)
Please note that you must complete both SXSW’s application form and CIMA’s Canada House form in order to be considered for a play at Canada House during SXSW.
Attention CIMA Members:
SXSW 2024, taking place March 8-16 in Austin, TX has opened their registrations and CIMA is very happy to announce special rates for our members. Companies and artist entrepreneurs who plan on attending one of the largest and most influential global music industry events of the year can now benefit from saving almost $140CAD on their badges!
CIMA members have access to discounted rates on Platinum, Interactive, Music and Film registrations. Join us at SXSW for unparalleled discovery, networking & inspiration!
The SXSW Platinum badge remains your best bet with primary access to all Conference & Festival (including Interactive, Music, and Film) events. View a badge comparison chart here.
To access this special discounted rate please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to grab your badge before rates go up in November!