Marketing Intern – Coalition Music
Playing a role in the music industry since 1990, we are a full service management company with clients such as Our Lady Peace, Simple Plan, and Finger Eleven. From our new headquarters in Toronto we offer a top-notch team that works around the clock to ensure our artists get exactly what they need to develop a long lasting career and create a sustainable brand. Over the years Coalition Music has grown to encompass a host of new services, broadening the scope of our impact and involvement in the industry. With these new changes, Coalition Music has created a community that will see to it that the best in Canadian music finds its place on the world stage.
Coalition Music is looking for a team player with a positive attitude to fill an available Part-Time Volunteer Marketing Intern position.
We believe in helping artists and our internship program follows that same philosophy – to help interns. Our program offers interns the tools necessary to bridge textbook learning to real hands-on learning. It is designed to provide a basic overview of what it’s like to work in a non-traditional office setting, as well as give an overview of how the Canadian music industry works.
We are looking for two interns to each work two days a week (one Mon/Tues, the other Thurs/Fri) beginning January 3rd 2017. The hours are 10:00am to 6:00pm, with some flexibility.
– Creating promotional graphics for our artists, studio facilities and incubator programs (one sheets, request sheets)
– Assisting with social checklists and audits on a weekly basis and occasionally launching new profiles
– Fulfilling contests and PledgeMusic campaigns
– Attending marketing brainstorms and bringing new ideas to the table
– Putting together mood boards and visuals for artwork and photo inspirations
– Assisting with tracking tour marketing
– Creating marketing schedules and assisting with writing marketing plans for our artists and incubator programs
– Tracking press coverage for our artists and creating a press database
– Attending events to assist with brand activation (Canadian Music Week, NXNE, Indie Week…)
– Admin duties as needed
High School diploma is required. A college/university diploma or working towards one in Arts, Communications, or Marketing is preferred. Our ideal candidate has a strong interest in marketing and artist management with basic photoshop skills. We are looking for someone who is passionate about music and is not afraid to be creative and share their ideas. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is essential. Research skills are required.
Please apply for this position by email including a resume and cover letter. Following up by telephone is discouraged. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Please apply by e-mail by 5pm on December 2nd only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls will not be accepted. Please be sure to include a resume and cover letter.