Register Now: CIMA’s Business Mission to San Francisco
This October, CIMA will be conducting our first-ever mission to target the San Francisco live music and technology sectors. The mission will include 2 music industry focused B2B roundtable discussions, 4-6 on site visits to SF-based companies (Google, Spotify, EventBrite, Facebook, Twitter etc), networking receptions and more.
The mission will run from October 16-19, 2017 and will include participation in the SF MusicTech Summit (www.sfmusictech.com). The SF MusicTech Summit brings together visionaries in the evolving music/business/technology ecosystem, along with the best and brightest developers, entrepreneurs, investors, service providers, journalists, musicians, and organizations who work with them at the convergence of culture and commerce.
This mission will provide CIMA members with a platform to connect with individuals in the technology capital of the world. Mission participants will benefit from the network they will create before, during and after the initiative.
The mission includes:
- A welcome reception for delegates and select San Francisco contacts
- Participation in the SF MusicTech Summit.
- Two (2) music industry-focused B2B roundtable discussions focusing on Live Music/Touring, Sync/Publishing, PR/Marketing and more.
- Four to Six (4-6) high level field trips to top music and tech companies (Google, Spotify, EventBrite, Facebook, Twitter, etc).
- One (1) full day of participation in SF MusicTech Summit which includes: B2B sessions, receptions, panels and one on one meetings. CIMA participants will receive the preferred rate.
- One (1) private press only reception at an intimate San Francisco venue.
- A “Welcome to San Francisco” presentation Lorimer Beacon.
- A “Guide to San Francisco” package for all CIMA delegates and attendees, in addition to personalized, detailed itineraries.
- Access to our San Francisco consultants, Lorimer Beacon, for meetings.
- Informal nighttime events, networking activities, and mixers where participants can forge new relationships and cement existing ones.
- Potential group rate at a hotel in San Francisco or provided accommodations/recommendations.
How to Apply:
This mission is open to qualifying CIMA member companies as well as qualifying non-member companies. CIMA members in good standing benefit from a discounted rate of $995 CDN, while the mission cost for non-members is $1495 CDN.
Please note: Participation at the SF MusicTech Summit will be an additional fee but will not exceed 299$ USD.
CIMA is currently looking for 10 companies to register for this mission. This opportunity is best suited for businesses that meet the following criteria:
- Businesses looking to enhance their contacts in San Francisco in order to develop and/or further existing relationships.
- Businesses who do not currently have US representation.
- Company representatives in attendance must be able to secure deals on behalf of their roster.
Assistance: There will be a reimbursement of up to 50% for participant travel-related (economy air, ground transportation) and accommodation/per diem expenses for up to 10 applicants. This is through Global Affairs Canada’s GOA program.
Tips for Reimbursements:
- Keep all travel related receipts
- Do not use points on airlines or hotels (save them – you cannot be reimbursed 50% if points are used)
- If you choose to stay with a friend (over a hotel or AIRBNB etc) you will not receive 50% off accommodations.
- Hold onto your boarding passes
- Keep your registration receipt for the summit
- Keep all ground travel receipts (cabs/ubers)
If you meet the criteria outlined above, please submit your applications before Friday, August 11, 2017.