Call Out – Canada House & Canadian Blast Initiative at Reeperbahn 2014
CANADA HOUSE & CANADIAN BLAST AT REEPERBAHN 2014
September 17-20, 2014 in Hamburg, Germany
CIMA is coordinating the fifth annual CANADIAN BLAST at the Reeperbahn Festival and Conference, September 17-20, 2014 in Hamburg, Germany. CIMA is offering professional packages to register with CANADA HOUSE and showcase at CANADIAN BLAST. As well, CIMA is organizing a Pre-Reeperbahn B2B Event in Berlin on Tuesday, September 16 in conjunction with the Canadian Embassy.
CANADA HOUSE will host showcases at Reeperbahn on Thursday, September 18 and Friday, September 19 from Noon onwards each day. CANADA HOUSE is located at a new venue this year, Neidklub, a 300-capacity club in the centre of the festival district.
All artists must submit their application directly to Reeperbahn (deadline June 10) (http://www.reeperbahnfestival.com/en/service/band-application) for consideration to play the Festival, including CANADA HOUSE. However, it is recommended that Canadians submit their applications as quickly as possible for an early response from Reeperbahn to showcase at CANADA HOUSE.
Following your showcase application to Reeperbahn please click here to apply to the Canada House & Canadian Blast Showcase and Business Initiative. Deadline for Showcase Applications: June 10, 2014
Each CANADA HOUSE Showcase Package includes:
- Participation in CIMA’s partnering mission to Reeperbahn 2014.
- Pre-Reeperbahn B2B Berlin, Tuesday, September 16, 2014: *New this year: Our delegates will participate in two B2B events.
- “Meet the German Publishers” – a match-making event
- “A Focus on the German Live Sector” – a round table event in conjunction with Music Norway
- Potential for showcasing opportunities in Berlin (extra fees will apply details to be confirmed.)
- One (1) full service Reeperbahn Delegate Badge (all access) at CIMA preferred rate.
- One (1) 30-minute Showcase at CANADA HOUSE between Noon and 10 PM on either Thursday or Friday (day to be determined by CIMA).
- Technical support in the form of quality condition, general festival backline equipment, sufficient to support basic performance.
- Opportunity to participate in an individual Matchmaking Session hosted and organized by CIMA on Friday, September 19th (Hotel Onyx). (Capacity is limited, first-come, first-served basis.)
- Inclusion in CANADIAN BLAST advertising: Ads in both the Festival (consumer) and Campus (professional) magazine; targeted Announcement to Reeperbahn delegate database and CIMA international contacts.
- Promotion through canadianblast.com and social media sites.
- Full access to the CANADA HOUSE venue for meetings as a ‘home base.’
- Participation in CANADA HOUSE Networking Reception & other events.
- Access to Reeperbahn online delegates’ directory database
- Posters distributed outside and around the Reeperbahn Festival.
- German Publicist through Canadian Blast
Please read criteria for showcasing companies/artists below.
CANADA HOUSE SHOWCASING PACKAGES*
Full SHOWCASE Package with the B2B/Matchmaking Session:
CIMA Member rate $2,400 CDN per person (Non-members $2,700 CDN)
Full SHOWCASE Package without B2B/Matchmaking Session:
CIMA Member rate $2,000 CDN per person (Non-members $2,400 CDN)
CANADA HOUSE NON-SHOWCASING PACKAGES
CIMA is also offering CANADA HOUSE Networking/Delegate Badge Packages which include everything above without a Canadian Blast showcase.
CANADA HOUSE Networking/Delegate Badge Package with B2B/Matchmaking Session:
CIMA Member rate $900 CDN per person (Non-members $1,240)
CANADA HOUSE Networking/Delegate Badge Package without B2B/Matchmaking Session:
CIMA Member rate $565 CDN per person (Non-members $900)
(*fees are based on increasing currency exchange rates)
Apply now to the Canadian Blast & Canada House Initiative at Reeperbahn 2014: canadianblast.com/reeperbahn2014reg
INFORMATION AND CRITERIA FOR CANADIAN BLAST SHOWCASING ARTISTS:
- All artists must submit their application directly to Reeperbahn (deadline June 10) via ReverbNation (http://www.reeperbahnfestival.com/en/service/band-application/) for consideration to play the Festival, including CANADA HOUSE. However, it is recommended that Canadians submit their applications as quickly as possible for an early response from Reeperbahn to showcase at CANADA HOUSE.
- All CANADIAN BLAST artists must be a resident of Canada and hold a valid Canadian passport.
- All CANADIAN BLAST showcase artists must be represented by a business representative who can legally act on the artist’s behalf, report on business outcomes and is fully registered as a delegate with CANADA HOUSE.
- All CANADA HOUSE delegates (including artist business reps) agree to complete the CIMA post-event survey on deadline and report on business outcomes from this initiative.
- All CANADIAN BLAST artists agree to submit bio, pics and music links directly to CIMA (in addition to ReberbNation)
- CANADIAN BLAST AT REEPERBAHN showcases are FACTOR, Radio Starmaker and SOCAN Foundation eligible