Here’s Why You Should Be Attending Canadian Music Week (May 6-10, 2014)
Join more than 3000 international leaders, experts, colleagues and your peers this May (6-10) in Toronto for Canadian Music Week 2014 – the largest and most influential music and media conference and festival in Canada.
CIMA is proud to announce that we’ve negotiated a 30% individual discount, as well as a 50% group discount (for companies registering with 3 or more) on Canadian Music Week 2014 registrations for our members! This rate will be continuing until May 2, 2014. Your registration includes access to 3 days of International Music Summit sessions (including the Social Music Summit, the Live Touring Summit, and the Songwriters’ & Publishers’ Summit) and exhibits, plus a weeklong series of film screenings, comedy fest performances and festival showcases.If you’d like to access this discount, please contact email@example.com for the code.
With a combination of conferences, award shows, trade exposition, international marketplace, film festival, comedy festival and Canada’s biggest new music festival, CMW offers representatives from throughout the industry the opportunity to gain insights on trends shifting today’s business models; engage in discussions on current issues; network; and build lasting relationships with tomorrow’s leaders.
What makes CMW a prime opportunity for our members? The international marketplace; where you can expect to take advantage of many networking and B2B opportunities that can propel your band/artist/company to the next level. For this year, the Spotlight is on Germany, with a focus on Austria and Switzerland – not to mention delegations from Taiwan, Australia and the first-ever official mission from the American Association of Independent Music (A2IM). For information on the International activities at CMW and targeted B2B networking, please contact Kathy Hahn, Manager International Marketplace at CMW firstname.lastname@example.org.
CMW 2014’s confirmed programming includes:
celebrity interviews with artists deadmau5, Nile Rodgers, Diane Warren, Amanda Palmer, Bruce Cockburn and City and Colour;
- keynotes from music industry veterans Terry Ellis (Imago / Chrysalis Music), Martin Mills (Beggars Group), Daniel Glass (Glassnote Records), and Shelly Finkel (SFX Entertainment), as well as progressive movers Tom Windish (The Windish Agency), David Shing (AOL), Lee Trink (Kid Rock), PJ Bloom (Glee), and Mathew Adell (Beatport);
exceptional one-on-ones with social media and tech gurus John McAfee, Gary Shapiro (CES), Gary Vaynerchuk, and Erik Martin (Reddit);
- the CMW Synch Summit featuring leading music supervisors looking to place music in upcoming advertisements, films, and TV productions;
- the International Festival Network – an exclusive networking and matchmaking session for companies to meet with representatives from various international festivals, booking agencies, and promoters from around the world;
- an international marketplace and Export Buyers’ Program featuring a Spotlight on Germany and a Focus on Austria & Switzerland with market overviews, presentations and incoming delegations;
- the first-ever official mission from A2IM (American Association of Independent Music) with networking and B2B meeting opportunities;
- the first official incoming delegation from Taiwan with opportunities for B22 meetings and networking;
incoming delegation from Australia with formal and informal networking events
- daily mentoring sessions with attending speakers and executives;
- plus performances from more than 1000 artists and much much more.
For more information, please visit www.cmw.net.