Export-Ready – Artist Qualifying Criteria for Canadian Blast Showcases
The following lists the general criteria for candidates for Canadian Blast Showcases:
- Artist must be based in Canada and be Canadians or landed immigrants and carry a valid passport.
- Artist must meet submission dates and requirements of hosting event (i.e. SXSW, CMJ, The Great Escape), as some Festivals choose the acts/bands to perform.
- Artist should have a current album or digital release (within 18 months).
- Artist should have an export marketing strategy which targets the particular market or an overall international marketing strategy.
- Artist must be “export ready” and have a Canadian-based team (one of: Label, Management, Publishing Company, Agent, etc.) to maximize their showcase appearance.
- In some instances, Canadian Regional/Provincial and Music Genre representation may be considered.
- In some cases, CIMA partners/sponsors may require specific parameters that must be considered by the Talent Committee.
- Artist that has previously performed at a CIMA-organized Canadian Blast major event (SXSW, CMJ, MIDEM, etc.) may not be considered – to allow for other Canadian artists/bands to have the opportunity.
- Artist is solely responsible for completing their US/UK/International Visa application paperwork.
- Each chosen artist must have a business representative attend the Canadian Blast event to participate in any B2B sessions and liaise with the international business representatives/VIPs in attendance.