Canadian Blast is the global brand under which CIMA promotes Canadian independent music.
To see our CIMA Events for members click here.
New Skool Rules 2017
where: Rotterdam, Netherlands
when: May 19-21, 2017
What to expect
New Skool Rules, a three-day international conference which includes seminars, showcases, B2B events and more will celebrates its fifth edition in 2017. New Skool Rules is the largest international Hip Hop and R&B music conference in the world. During its 4th edition, industry professionals from 27 difference countries came to network, share experiences and showcase. Held bi-annually in the past, from 2017 onward New Skool Rules will take place annually.
Presented by Music Export Canada, CIMA will be hosting two(2) Canadian Blast showcases on Friday, May 19 and Sunday, May 21 focusing on Hip-Hop and R&B. This is an excellent opportunity for 8-12 Canadian acts to showcase to festival delegates and attendees.
Why should you attend New Skool Rules with CIMA?
- Artists will get the opportunity to showcase in front of key tastemakers and industry professionals interested in the Urban genres.
- CIMA members and mission participants receive the US $110 discounted member rate on delegate registration. The regular rate if US $175.
- CIMA will be organizing targeted networking receptions and speed dating sessions.
- Registration includes a marketing campaign (online and print).
Who is eligible for this opportunity?
- Style of music must fit the Hip Hop and/or Urban genre.
- Canadian Blast showcasing artists must be accompanied by a business representative as our export missions are centered on creating business opportunities.
- All showcasing artist submissions will be reviewed by the New Skool Rules selection team.
Registration Information & Mission Fees:
- There will be a cost associated with participating in the Showcase and Business mission. CIMA members will receive a preferred rate. More details to follow.
Deadline to submit an application for this opportunity: February 20, 2017