Canadian Blast in Los Angeles: Showcase opportunity for export-ready Canadian artists
CIMA is once again reaching out to Canadian music companies looking to create business and showcase opportunities, as well as raise their artists’ profile in Los Angeles.
We’re in the midst of organizing another series of Canadian Blast showcases in Los Angeles, and we’re looking for export-ready Canadian artists and their business representatives who will be in Los Angeles during the last two weeks of October, 2016.
CIMA’s Canadian Blast Showcase series costs $2,000 per showcase artist for CIMA members (non-member price is $2,500). There will be a minimum of two (2) artists per Canadian Blast Showcase (showcase artists can be from different companies).
The following services are included in the Canadian Blast Showcase fee:
- Planning and scheduling
- Venue rental including PA, basic backline and engineer; venue staff
- Invitations (company to provide artwork, with input if required from Creative Control). Invitations will be sent to our database of Music Supervisors and LA-based film/TV executives. In addition, we can target invitations to special categories, such as press, labels, publishers as well as directors, editors, and other filmmakers/decision makers. Companies will be expected to provide input if they have relationships and want to invite particular contacts, etc.
- Coordination of RSVP/ Guest list and collection of extra names/contacts at the door.
- Catering and hospitality (for up to 50 guests) – Company will have input into menu selection; bar will be capped at one alcoholic beverage per guest (overages must be agreed to and covered by showcasing companies).
- Promotion of the showcase – through web and social media
- Networking on site – introductions to key attendees
- Production/hosting on day of event including staffing and photography
- Final report on attendees
Here’s what’s not covered:
- Artist/Company travel (to/from LA) and accommodation
- Local expenses (food, etc.)
- Add-ons such as promotional materials, shipping etc,
- Expenses beyond basic backline (although we can help secure rentals from reliable sources)
Submission deadline: Monday, September 26, 2016
If you are interested in participating in a Canadian Blast Showcase in L.A, please complete the form to let us know for which artist(s) and what date(s) you are available:
For any further questions about these showcases please contact CIMA’s Music Export Manager, Trisha Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org), 416-485-3152 x 222.