Call for Submissions: Canadian Blast Showcase at MIDEM
Call For Submissions: Canadian Blast Showcase at MIDEM
June 5-8, 2015 Cannes, France
Open to all Canada Stand at MIDEM participants
CIMA is soliciting submissions from export-ready companies with international experience who represent export-ready Canadian artists for the 2015 Canadian Blast Showcase at MIDEM. The showcase will take place at Morrisons (10 rue Teisseire) in the heart of Cannes, France on June 6-8.
For the past six years, the Canada Stand has presented Canadian Blast showcases at MIDEM, providing Canadian music companies with a strategic opportunity to showcase their artists to the world’s largest gathering of international talent and music buyers.
This year’s line-up will draw from the full spectrum of music styles and Canadian regions to showcase the best in indie music from Canada.
Canadian Blast at MIDEM 2015 Showcase Package: $2,200 CDN per showcase
To apply, you must complete your Canada Stand full registration, which includes a section for the showcase application.
Each Canadian Blast showcase package includes the following:
- One 30 minute festival-style showcase at Morrisons (final dates/times to be confirmed)
- One sound-check prior to the showcase
- Technical support in the form of quality condition, basic festival backline equipment
- Inclusion in all Canadian Blast at MIDEM advertising opportunities
- Promotion through canadianblast.com and social media sites
- Flyers distributed throughout MIDEM
- Publicist and trade specialist to pre-promote showcases onsite
“Our band was able to perform in front of potential partners we would never have been able to get into one building at one time.”
“It’s been incredibly valuable to invite key international contacts to a showcase that is always run in a professional manner. The musical diversity of the showcases ensures a wide variety of attendees. My showcase drew a high calibre of international delegates. Since MIDEM, I am in negotiations, and these discussions have the ability to be a true game-changer for the artists I represent.”
Criteria for submission:
- Artist must be export-ready (please review what this means by clicking here).
- Each artist must have a business representative registered at the Canada Stand and able to participate in any B2B sessions.
- Company representing must have the legal authority to act as an agent or negotiate and license all rights (master, publishing, digital, etc.) on behalf of the artist.
- Company representing the artist must agree to complete a post-event survey and report to CIMA on business outcomes, and continue to report back in future on successes resulting from their showcases.
- Showcase spots are by application. You can apply to purchase more than one showcase; however, spots are limited to one showcase per company.
- Space is limited. Please apply as soon as possible.
- Canadian Blast at MIDEM showcases are FACTOR, Radio Starmaker and SOCAN Foundation eligible.
- The Canadian Blast at MIDEM showcase series is separate from any other showcases at MIDEM 2015.
- Artists are responsible for securing all work permits.
How to submit your artist:
To submit your artist for consideration for the 2015 Canadian Blast Showcase at MIDEM 2015, please fill out this form: http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/cima/midem-2015-registration/
Please complete the showcase submission form prior to end of day Thursday January 15, 2015 (deadline extended)
Showcase Confirmation & Payment:
After you have submitted your form, Kathy Hahn will notify you of your acceptance and you will then be invoiced. Accepted payment methods include cheque, cash and credit cards (VISA & Mastercard only).
For more information on Canadian Blast and Canada Stand at MIDEM registration, click here.
For further inquiries on the Canadian Blast showcase or Canada Stand at MIDEM, please contact Kathy Hahn, Tradeshows Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 416-485-3152 extension 227).