Call For Submissions: Canadian Blast BBQ at SXSW 2016
March 11-20, 2016 Austin Texas
CIMA, through Music Export Canada, is excited to announce that submissions are now being accepted for our 2016 Canadian Blast BBQ & Canada House at Austin’s SXSW!
This year’s mission will mark the 11th year that CIMA will be in attendance for this key showcase and business development opportunity at the most influential and largest music festival & conference in North America.
Now in its 30th year, SXSW allows for unmatched networking opportunities, conference programming, and over 100 stages of music for showcasing bands and conference attendees. Check out some of the outcomes associated with our mission to SXSW in 2015 here.
Our legendary Canadian Blast BBQ and Canada House at SXSW will be taking place on March 16, 2016. This event, the kickoff for CIMA’s Canadian Blast mission at SXSW, is a high-profile event that draws hundreds of VIP international delegates, media and thousands of SXSW delegates!
We’re now accepting submissions for artists interested in showcasing at our Canadian Blast BBQ & Canada House.
Want to showcase? Here’s our criteria:
- Artist must be export-ready. Find out what that means by clicking here.
- Artist must have a business representative in attendance and they must register as a SXSW delegate and sign up to the Canadian Blast SXSW B2B initiative. [CIMA is able to offer a discounted SXSW badge rate to Canadian Blast participants. More info TBA]
- Make sure to apply directly with the festival itself to maximize your chances for both SXSW and Canadian Blast showcases. To apply to the South By Southwest festival 2016 click here: http://sxsw.com/music/festival/apply. Only SXSW accepted acts will be eligible to be on the Canadian Blast showcase. Deadline: October 23, 2015.
- The artist/business representative must pay a submission fee of $25.00 per submission. The Canadian Blast BBQ showcase submission form is here.
- Artist representative company should have the resources to able to follow-through on business opportunities resulting from the showcase (tours, gigs, etc.) in international territories.
- Artist representative company must agree to complete a post-event survey.
- Artist representative company must agree to continue to report back in future on successes resulting from B2B opportunities.
Submission Deadline: Please complete the submission form prior to the end of day on Friday, November 13, 2015. As always, the final Canadian Blast line-up will be selected by CIMA’s Talent Selection Committee.
Notification Date: Successful applicants will be notified by the end of November 2015.
Ready to submit? Our handy submission form is right here once you’re ready: http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/cima/sxsw-bbq-submissions-2016/
If you have any questions about this export mission, please feel free to get in touch with our Music Export Manager, Trisha Carter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIMA gratefully acknowledges the generous support of our Canadian partners and sponsors: Canadian Music Week (CMW), Corus Entertainment, the Foundation Assisting Canadian Talent on Recordings (FACTOR), the Government of Canada (Canadian Heritage/Canadian Music Fund), Harvard Broadcasting, Music Managers Forum Canada, Ontario Media Development Corporation (OMDC), Radio Starmaker Fund and the Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada (SOCAN).