2016 JUNO Awards Submissions Open On October 1
Submissions for the 2016 JUNO Awards will be opening on Thursday, October 1, 2015. This year’s JUNO Week will be held in Calgary, Alberta from March 28 – April 3, 2016.
Eligibility & How To Submit:
- JUNO eligibility is tied to music released for national sale between September 1, 2014 and November 13, 2015. Find out more.
- Submissions are made online at www.junosubmissions.ca.
- October 23, 2015, 5:00 pm (ET): Early-bird deadline to receive discounted submission rates
- November 13, 2015, 5:00 pm (ET): Final submission deadline
- January 6, 2016, 5:00 pm (ET): Final submission deadline for International Album of the Year and Album of the Year (sponsored by Music Canada)
New Changes This Year:
- The JUNOs have integrated streaming data as a component to help determine nominees in their sales based categories. Data will be provided by Nielsen Media Research Ltd.
- Any project that is 20 minutes or has 2 unique songs is now considered a ‘full album’.
- They’ve split the Roots & Traditional Album of the Year: Solo and Group Awards into 2 new awards: Contemporary Roots Album of the Year and Traditional Roots Album of the Year.
- Nominees for JUNO Fan Choice will be determined by equal weight of single sales, streams and Next Big Sound data. (Previously, these were determined only by album sales and Next Big Sound).
For more information, please visit: http://junoawards.ca/2015/09/juno-award-submissions-open-october-1/