Administrative Coordinator – CIMA & MusicOntario
Canadian Independent Music Association
CIMA is the national trade assocation representing the English language, Canadian-owned sector of the music industry. CIMA’s membership consists of Canadian-owned companies and representatives of Canadian-owned companies involved in every aspect of the music, sound recording and music-related industries.
The Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA) and its division MusicOntario (MO) are looking for an Administrative Coordinator, effective immediately. This is a contract position for one year with the potential for extension. This is a junior-level position and salary will be commensurate with 1-3 year’s experience.
• Assist President with scheduling, calendar, special arrangements, drafting correspondence, filing briefs/submissions, preparing materials for meetings and presentations
• Help prepare, and as circumstances dictate or as directed, take the lead on funding applications, filing applications with funders
• Help prepare, or take the lead on as directed, on interim and final reports to funders.
• Help coordinate special projects
• Prepare all materials for Board meetings and AGMs, including sourcing/booking venues, agendas, minutes, liaising with the Board of Directors and members
• Assist MO Manager with communications (social media and website) and in preparing funding applications and reports, as required
• Assist CIMA Export office with administrative support, as required
• Assist MusicOntario with planning and execution (attendance required) of local events, as required
• Provide support to membership activities, as required
• Other duties as assigned
General Administrative Responsibilities
• Basic office management – maintaining both business and general office supplies and equipment, liaising with all suppliers, building management and security and generally keep the office orderly
• Responsible for drafting and filing correspondence, processing incoming and outgoing mail and packages (including tracking)
• Receptionist duties – answering phone in person (when possible) and checking voice mail regularly, directing calls, responding to general enquiries and follow up as required
• Assist Accounting in scheduling cheque signing, preparing visas and processing other payments; responsible for petty cash under direction of Accountant.
• Assist, as required, with proofreading key communications, directories and catalogues
• Assist in coordinating and confirming all ‘day-of’ event details (technical requirements, catering, etc.), as required.
• Post-secondary education in communications, public relations, business administration or equivalent business-related accreditation with 1-3 years work experience
• Demonstrated, superior written and verbal communication skills (ability to write clearly, accurately and professionally)
• Technology skills – Advanced, broad-based computer skills including ease with Microsoft Office Suite as well as social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.); Ease with spreadsheets and budget software
• Self-starter who takes initiative
• Excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinker with attention to detail
• Highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills to engage with members, sponsors, stakeholders and fellow staff
• Proven ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously as well as to prioritize
• Ability to effectively self-direct as well as work in cooperation with management and staff
• Knowledge of, and experience in, the music industry would be an asset
• Experience with membership based organizations would be an asset
• Position primarily requires daytime working hours; however, periodically work will involve weekend/evening hours for association-related events
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email a covering letter, three references and a resume to:
email@example.com by April 15
CIMA/MusicOntario will contact only potential candidates.
Region: Metro Toronto Area